Michael Langdon (5)

“ɪ ᴄᴀɴ’ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴋɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ’ʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅Michael had changed the last year you two were together

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
Michael had changed the last year you two were together.
You fell in love with the goofy carefree and always happy Michael.
He always had a smile on his face and could give you one in seconds.
That last year things had gotten darker. The smile on his face had disappeared and he was always so agitated like something heavy was on his mind.
When you would try and be there for him and talk things out he would get angry and shut you out.
You spent many sleepless nights wondering if it was you that made him so upset.
You convinced yourself that it was so much that you decided to leave.
Leaving Michael to come home to a empty house and a letter apologizing for thinking you wrecked his life.

It had been almost two years since you had last seen Michael. You moved back to your home town a couple states over from Michael.
You started a new job,met new friends and seemingly got your life together. Though you felt like there was always something missing.
Deep down you knew it was Michael. Though you kept that feeling buried deep.
It was getting late and the sun had went down. You put the last bit of dishes you had washed up and was just about to head to bed when there was a knock on the front door.
You weren't use to getting many visitors especially at such a late time.
Thinking it must have been a emergency,you walked to the door and opened it.
Your heat dropped and your body tensed up from the sight in front of you.
After so long here stood Michael.
His hair had gotten longer more shaggy and he had stubble growing a long his face giving him a more gruff look. His blue eyes looked so sad as he stood there
"Michael?"
You questioned in shock suddenly feeling dizzy from the nervous ball forming in your stomach making you almost want to throw up.
"Can I come in?"
He asked In a sad tone.
You nodded and moved over so that he could fit through the doorway and come in. You closed the door and followed him inside.
"Woah,your place is lovely."
Michael complimented as he sat on your leather couch.
Your mind was so scattered you didn't even know what to say. You just sat opposite of him staring. Screaming at yourself in your head to say something,anything.
"So," you finally spoke "why are you here?"
Realizing you were cutting straight to the point, Michael sighed.
His legs tapped nervously up and down while he scratched the back of his neck. He often did this when he too was at a loss of words.
"Since the day you left I've been miserable."
He said with a crack in his voice
"After so long I tried to move on... But i can't keep kissing strangers and pretending that they're you."
Michael used the back of his palm and wiped his eye,trying to hide the fact that tears threatened to come spilling out.
You sat there for a minute,fighting your own burning eyes.
You bit your lip before all those years of burying your feelings came tumbling out.
"You pushed me away and treated me like I was some kind of problem when all I wanted to do was help you and love you."
You stood up as you talked,no longer holding in the tears
"You were supposed to be my best friend,my missing puzzle piece and you pushed me away. Why?!"
Y

our body was trembling now as you looked at him waiting for your answer.
"You were so perfect. Way too perfect for someone like me and I was so scared someone or something better was going to sweep you away or you would get tired of me like everyone else."
He finally spoke
"It was no excuse to treat you the way I did and I have regretted everyday."
He hung his head low for a second before he stood up.
You had almost forgot how much he towered over you with his height.
It was something that you had always loved and it made your heartbreak even more in that second.
"I have counted every night you were gone and I traveled all this way just to even hear you say you forgive me anything to help me sleep at night."
His voice kept cracking as he went on talking  and you watched his body shake with each whimper.
As much as you wanted to stay mad at him,you couldn't.
The days,weeks and months you told yourself you never wanted anything to do with him again you couldn't help the impulsive decision your body had suddenly made.
You wrapped your arms around his waist and hugged him tight,burying your face into his shirt and cried.
You had forgotten how good his hugs felt so when he hugged you back your tense body relaxed.
It was silent for awhile as you held each other.
When you finally pulled away,you noticed his shirt was wet with your tears.
You sniffled a little,wiping your soacked eyes.
"I'm sorry I got your shirt wet."
Michael looked down at you and you both laughed before he pulled you back in for a hug.
You pulled yourself back from his tight hug and stood on your tippy toes.
You pressed your lips against his and felt the same electrifying sparks you use to get before.
Michael kissed you back,cupping your cheek in his large hand.
He stroked your cheek with his thumb as the two of you pulled away
"You don't know how much I've missed that."
He said still caressing your soft skin.
You smiled and nodded In agreement
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it either."
You said before looking in his eyes
You already knew your face was on fire from the feeling of butterflies fluttering in your belly.
"Stay with me?"
You asked,wrapping your arms back around his waist again.
You could hear him sigh with relief as you asked the question
"I do,I want to stay with you forever."
He said
"I don't ever want to loose you again."
It was your turn to sigh with relief and you hugged him tighter
"You aren't ever going to loose me."