Tate Langdon (5)

Tate Langdon x Reader
"Mr.Loverman"

Tate Langdon x Reader"Mr.Loverman"

Pain.
If Tate had to explain the feeling that lingered throughout his body that would be the word.
The feeling floated throughout his blood like a deadly poison.
He couldn't sleep,eat,or think without that gut wrenching feeling.
Everything reminded him of you. A certain smell would freeze him in his tracks.
A sound or even a touch would have his heart drop in a second.
He was lost without you.
No matter how hard he cried,you weren't coming back.
He messed up and no matter what he did all he could see when he closed his eyes was you packing your bags with that God damn look on your face.
You were the light of his life and he watched as that glow in your face die out because of him.
Tate tried everything to get the memories out of his mind.
He went through the liquor cabinets quick.
Hoping the bitterness of the alcohol would replace the warmth he use to get from your smile.
Instead of getting his mind clear,he would crash onto his bedroom floor.
It was a mess and Tate could even admit to that to himself.
It had been almost a year since he last seen you walk out his door.
He hardly left his home and when he did it wasn't for long.
It was early that day when Tate had somehow managed to drag himself out of bed before the afternoon.
The pantry was empty and his stomach growled.
The hunger had finally started to get to him after awhile.
The blonde let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his uncombed hair. It was a shaggy mess but he had stopped caring about that awhile ago. You use to always fix it for him and to stop from thinking of you,he simply stopped worrying about the blonde locks of hair.
Tate stood there for a moment.
He could make another cup of ramen then crawl back into bed or he could go to the store and pick up what he actually needed.
"Fuck it."
Tate finally said to himself.
He grabbed his keys from off the kitchen table and made his way out the door.
Today was the day he got back on track.
Well,that's what he had told himself the whole trip to the store.

Like a zombie,he walked slowly down the grocery aisle with a emotionless look on his face. 
Tate reached down to grab a thing of eggs when a sound that had echoed throughout his head came to life.
His eyes snapped towards where it came from. He wanted to say something but he felt frozen.
"Tate?"
The sound rang again but this time he comprehended it.
He was looking at you. For the first time in almost a year he felt something other than pain.
It was a mixture of nerves that had his stomach cramping up in that moment.
"Y/n."
Tate finally spoke,snapping himself from his trance.
"It's been awhile," you said giving him a smile "How have you been?"
Your smile was enough to make his stomach tighten even more. His eyes burned for a second as he fought the tears but he was always good at hiding his emotions. Something you had hated more than anything.
Tate cleared his throat and gripped the carton of eggs in his hand tighter.
"I...I've been doing good."
That was such a lie.
Deep down he knew that you knew it was a lie.
But he had tried so hard for a long time since you left to feel like it.
He had became a pro at the saying "Fake it til you make it."
You grabbed your own carton of eggs and noticed the bottle of liquor sitting in his cart.
"You're drinking now?"
You asked pointing towards it.
Tate froze and looked down at the bottle before letting out a awkward chuckle
"Just to pass the time."
You nodded and looked at your watch,sighing in frustration as you noticed the time.
"I think I should be going it was nice seeing you here."
Tate could feel his body start to crack as the realization that you would be going sunk in.
"Actually," Tate quickly spoke up "I haven't known what to do with myself since you left. I'm lost without you I guess."
H

e felt dumb saying that right then and there but it was now or never. I guess he really couldn't fake it until he made it.
You blinked a few times trying to process his words but quickly snapped your own self into reality
"I don't think the egg aisle is the best place to talk about something like this.''
You said giving your best laugh. You reached into your pocket and pulled out a card that had your number on it.
"Call me. We'll get together soon to talk."
You gave him another smile before turning back to your cart.
"I'm actually late for some plans or I'd stick around longer. Tate,it was really nice to see you and I mean that."
You gave him a wave and headed back your own way.
Tate watched you walk away only this time you had that warmth back to you and not sadness.
He stood there for a moment until you disappeared.
The pieces of himself he thought had shattered felt like they were coming back together as he looked at your number on the card you gave him.
For the first time in a long time,Tate smiled.
He slipped the card into his pocket and finally took a deep breathe.
Without hesitation,he yanked the bottle of alcohol out his cart and put it in the random aisle without a thought
Today was definitely the day everything got back on track.

——————————

I wanted this to be was but I suck at angst and rushed the ending! I'm back from the dead on writing and will finish my last bit of request for the prompts that I have in my drafts. Until then enjoy this Tate chapter and hopefully I'll get all my request done soon. Sorry the ending was rushed my mind went blank towards the end and i pretty much gave up so that I could give a update real quick so my book isn't even more dead than what it is now lol