Kai Anderson (1)

Trigger Warning : angry outburst,hitting

You could tell Kai had been extremely irritable for what seemed to be days now

You could tell Kai had been extremely irritable for what seemed to be days now. You didn't know if it was from the lack of sleep or the stress he was going through trying to be a perfect "leader." You didn't agree on the views he had suddenly felt but you bit your tongue,trying to be a supportive partner. However,seeing him so stressed was starting to get to you.
You and Kai had been together for awhile. He use to be so happy but now his bright eyes seemed almost lifeless as you looked into them. Like the light he once had inside him had somehow been blown out.
You nibbled nervously on your bottom lip as you stared at kai from the other side of the room.
His body language screamed out stressed but you couldn't take it anymore.
So with a deep breath you walked over towards him.
You placed a hand on his shoulder and noticed immediately how tense his body was
"Kai?" You asked hoping to get a reaction out of him but he kept on scrolling on his laptop.
You cleared your throat and said his name again only to get a aggravated groan from him in response
"I'm a little busy y/n."
Normally you would cower down and back off but the worry in you and how much you loved Kai forbidden you from doing so.
"Kai come on. I need to talk to you."
He harshly looked up at you but you could tell from the eye contact he was giving you time to talk
"It's not healthy to be so hooked on all this. This isn't you."
Kai scuffed and rolled his eyes in a annoyed matter
"You're bothering me over something like that? You couldn't wait until I wasn't busy. I know you don't ever do anything important but I do."
His harsh sarcastic tone made you flinch a little and you looked at him. You were hurt but Kai showed you that he didn't care. He simply shrugged you off and turned his attention back to his laptop.
You quickly slammed it shut trying to prove a point but it made things go completely wrong.
Kai looked up at you as he stood up
"What is your deal?" He asked getting into your face. You stepped back trying not to back down no matter how hurt you felt
"My deal is the person I thought I was with changed into someone I don't even know anymore."
Kai rolled his eyes again which made your blood boil with anger
"If you don't like it then leave."
"Fine I will leave."
In a split second,Kai had raised his hand and then your cheek began to sting as your head whipped to the side from the sudden contact.
You quickly cupped your cheek as you looked at Kai. Your eyes filled with water and Kai looked at you almost emotionless before something in his eyes changed.
"Oh no...y/n. I didn't mean to do that."
But the damage had already been done.
You flinched back as he got close to you. Hid hand was out to comfort you but when you moved back he quickly pulled it down.
His stomach dropped at the thought that you were now scared of him. All those promises he made to protect you seemed empty and meaningless now.
"Stay the fuck away from me."
Your eyes felt like a faucet as you quickly grabbed your purse. Kai didn't even try to stop you as you ran out. His body shook with emotions and all he could do was sit back down,staring at his hands and wondering how big of a monster he truly was becoming.