Xavier Plympton (1)

White Wedding
Xavier Plympton x Reader

The eighties were nothing but risk taking and making mistakes

The eighties were nothing but risk taking and making mistakes. Well,that was how you were spending them. Here you were now- hair curled and teased,lipstick so bright and red that it was enough to stain the cigarette that hung from your lips,and a ridiculously poofy weeding dress. The heels you were dreading to wear sat next to you on top of a crumbled up news paper. You had crumbled it up and laid it to the side. Nothing interested you about the news anymore,it was nothing but serial killers on the front page. The night stalker was the biggest headline recently and you were tired of reading about it. But that was the last thing on your mind or worries. You were about to get married to someone you hardly had any interest in at all. You were a people pleaser,often saying yes when you want to say no which lead to a lot of mistakes.
"Y/n,you almost ready?" Your regretful thoughts came to a stop when your dearest friend Xavier walked in. You could say you two were the complete opposite. While you were often afraid to say no Xavier was quick to speak his mind. His loud spoken voice and vibrant personality was what drew you to him. You needed someone who could speak up and take charge and Xavier was exactly that.
You smiled at the sight of him. His blonde hair was neat as ever and you could tell he had spent a hour or more hair spraying it to perfection. His sunglasses sat at the bridge of his nose so you could see his sparkling eyes. You always felt something more for him. Something about the way he dressed and the way he acted always made your heart flutter and cheeks glow red. You wanted more than a friendship but you always felt you weren't his dating type. So the thought to try and pursue more than friendship scared you. He was the only person who felt like home no matter where you two were at and you couldn't risk the friendship.
"As ready as I can be." Xaiver smiled at you and grabbed your veil. He placed it on top of your head. His eyes glanced down at you and you noticed his face go soft. His bright smile slowly faded and he took his sun glasses off.
"You don't look too happy. Its your wedding day,y/n,you're supposed to be excited y'know." He placed his hand on your cheek. A thing he often did when you were upset to show he was being serious.
"You can't be upset over the way you look. You look absolutely bitchin. So what is it?"
You giggled at his slang and reached up to take the veil off he had just placed on top of your head.
"I'm not too sure about getting married. I mean I barely know the guy. At the time I thought it was alright but my heart doesn't feel anything."
Your back was facing him now as you looked into the vanity mirror. You could see Xavier behind you and a small smile twitched on your lips. You could see yourself marrying him and the thought just made your heart go crazy. You needed to tell him at least if he didn't want to be in a relationship you had time to move on and find a guy you actually wanted to marry.
Your mouth opened to say what your heart had been screaming but it quickly shut when a knock on the door grabbed both attention. It was Montana,another close friend of yours.
"It's time."
Fear filled your stomach. You didn't want to disappoint your family and friends who sat in the audience. That was another thing you just couldn't do. So you grabbed the veil again and quickly placed it on your head. Xaiver's once happy eyes seemed to loose its brightness and looked more sad. But his smile was as big and bright as ever.
"I'll see you after the ceremony. You look beautiful,y/n. Hes a lucky guy to be marrying such an amazing person like you." He squeezed your hand and walked out. You stood there,sadness lingered your body. You felt stupid to be in such a situation. With a sigh you smiled at Montana. "You don't have to do this,y/n. Everybody knows you have the hots for Xaiver." The blonde smirked at you as she grabbed the cigarette you had been smoking and put it in her mouth taking a drag. "Is it that obvious?" You asked quickly putting on your heels and following her out the room. The more you made your way to the venue,the more sick you felt. "Yes," Montana said blowing smoke from her lips and tossing the now unlit cigarette bud to the ground "I just hope you do what your heart tells you." You couldn't answer back as she pushed open the church doors. It was time for the wedding to start. You just wanted to get this over with. You told yourself you had years to get feelings for the man you were about to marry. But even though you told yourself that you absolutely dreaded it.
You made your way to the isle and the sound of the piano rung in your ears. The crowd of people who were sat in the church turned to look at you as you slowly made your way down it. Your eyes scanned the seats for xaiver but you couldn't find him. You quickly looked straight not wanting anyone to notice the dread on your face and starred at your soon to be husband. You seen Montana get in place with the other brides maids and her words from earlier kept relaying in your head.

You finally stood in front of the man who asked to marry you, time slowly began to tick. Everything felt like it was in slow motion and the preachers words almost sounded muffled. Your eyes wandered back to the crowd of people. When you looked toward the church doors,you could feel your body finally relax. Standing there was Xavier. You couldn't tell his reaction from so far away but you couldn't pull your eyes away from him. You felt like you were in a trance. So much that you didn't even hear the preacher ask if you wanted to say I do.
The snap of his fingers in your face startled you. You jumped back and was out of xaiver's trance.
"Im..I'm sorry where were we?" You asked trembling. You could hear the gasp and whispers of the audience and you watched the man who was supposed to be your husband get annoyed.
"Do you,y/n,take this man to be your husband?"
You stood there for a second. You processed the question then quickly glanced back at xaiver then the man who stood in front of you.
Suddenly your mind was racing. Montanas words,the preachers question,your doubts and xaiver all jumbled together. Your head felt like it was about to explode and without hesitation or any thoughts,you finally spoke up.
"No,I can't do this."
The crowd gasped and the room grew loud with even more whispers. Before the preacher or anyone else could say something,you yanked the veil off of your head and tossed it on the ground.
"I'm sorry but I can't do this my heart belongs to someone else and your not it." You lifted the long bottom of your dress up from the ground and so you could run and ran as best as you could in heels back down the isle. Everybody watched in shock as you made your way fast to the man who your heart had belonged to from the moment you first met.
"Y/n! What are you doing?"
Xaiver looked at you with shock but the smirk that he often had was painfully trying to over come his shocked expression.
You didn't answer him but instead kissed him. The room grew louder but for once you didn't care. You were so in the moment you didn't even notice that xaiver was kissing you back until you pulled away.
His smirk was full now as he licked his bottom lip that was stained just as red as your cigarette from earlier was.
"Its about time." He teased before grabbing your hand "Now we can get married here and give the crowd something more to talk about or we can just get out of here and plan our own for later."
You giggled at his tease and tugged his hand
"This wedding is a drag I say we leave."
Montana's cheering killed out the shocked whispers and half the audience cheered with her. The other half was the friends and family of the now lonely groom who angrily cussed from being left at his own wedding. But you didn't care. You finally had the man you wanted. Xaiver pulled your hand and you both ran down the church steps and through the parking lot towards his car. You both laughed at this movie like moment you found yourselves in. The only thing you could think now was how happy you were. You couldn't wait for what the future holds for the both of you
----

𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙! 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜. 𝙍𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣,𝙛𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙚! 𝙇𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙖 𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬