Chapter 12

Roxanne

It's Friday morning and I have my first date with Liam. I'm nervous, is he going to try and kiss me? Will he like me after the date? I really hope I don't screw anything up.

I got up and got dressed for training and went down stairs and grabbed and fruit and ate it before anyone came down. Luckily this morning, I had peace and quiet.

Everyone started coming downstairs, I saw Liam and smiled at him. He saw me and gave me a smile. Is it just me or are things awkward all of a sudden? I think the others noticed and gave strange looks.

Ian came in telling us to get to training. I got back into the ring with Josh and Ian let me freewill, almost like I would in a real match. We just didn't go full force to hurt each other.

***

Training went well, I beat Josh's ass again. Then I went and ran on the treadmills with Liam for about 30 minutes. Once we were done I went up to my room to get a shower. I tried using the hot water to calm my nerves but that obviously didn't help.

I walked out of the bathroom to my drawer to pick out an outfit. I went to grab a simple outfit since I don't have anything fancy, when my bedroom door barged open. I grabbed the towel at my chest and jumped back. I look up to see Rubin and Chloe standing at my door eyeing me.

"Uh, can I help you!?" I kinda shouted at the girls who just barged into my room.

"First of all, how the hell did I not realize how nice your legs are?" Rubin changed the subject, I just glared at her and before I had a chance to say anything Chloe spoke up.

"Umm, that's not important. When we're you going to tell us you and Liam were going out tonight. On a date!?" She asked me sternly but you can see the excitement in her face.

"If I'm being honest, I wasn't going to say anything until after. Now can I please get changed?" The girls raised a brow when looking at the black t-shirt and shorts in my hand.

"Uh-Uh, no. Here wear this." Rubin tossed a black dress to me. I picked it up, it was a cute little black plaid dress.

"Wear the black t-shirt underneath it, it'll be cute." Chloe said. I looked at the dress and the t-shirt, I groaned and went into the bathroom and put it on. Chloe was right, the shirt under the dress was cute, but I didn't expect the dress to be tight. It fits my body showing off my curves though. I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom. I turned to Chloe and Rubin who were already looking at me. Surprise all over their face.

"Girl, you're hot." Rubin spoke up finally. I felt myself blushing a little bit.

"Let's do your hair and make up now!" Chloe cheered. I raised a brow at Chloe and Rubin did the same.

"Umm, that girl doesn't need make up, she's already drop dead gorgeous, damn that clear skin of yours makes me jealous." Rubin said, Chloe rolled her eyes and walked over to the bathroom and came out with a brush. She sat in a chair and patted on the floor. I walked over and sat on the floor.

After about ten minute she's was done. I got up and went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. She pulled out a small amount of my bangs and did a half up have down look with a high pony tail. It was cute. She's really good with hair, I don't know why she doesn't go to hair school.

When I came out of the bathroom the girls were clapping their hands. Chloe handed me a pair of black and white shoes to go with the dress. They immediately starting pushing me out the door. I slowly walked downstairs and saw Liam with his back turned towards me. He must've heard me coming because he turned around. He stared at me with a surprised look. His jaw dropped. I caught myself blushing at the way he was looking at me and I started rubbing my arm and putting my head down walking up to him.

When I stopped in front of him I still didn't look at him, but he took two of his fingers under my chin to gently lift my head to look up at him. Damn this man is gorgeous.

"Wow ave, you look really beautiful." I began blushing again and I heard him chuckle. I looked back up at him and smiled. He returned the favor.

"You ready to go ma'lady?" He put his arm out for me, I wrapped mine around his and nodded my head.

We walked outside for about 10 minutes when we walked up on a cute little cafe. There's still a little daylight outside. We walked in and the waiter sat us down. We ordered our food.

"You want to share a chocolate shake?" I looked up at him and smiled.

"You don't have to ask me twice." I laughed. He joined in. He then called the waitress over and ordered a large chocolate shake with two straws.

The waitress came back with our food and our shake, we sat around talking, joking around while eating our food. I feel so happy being around him.

After we were done eating Liam paid the bill, obviously I'm still broke and he's been fighting for a few months now so he has money coming in. I told him I'll pay him back once I start earning money myself but I have a feeling he's not going to let that happen.

I started getting a headache so I let my hair down out of the hairstyle Chloe did. We began walking back to the underground when it started raining. Liam decided to stop out of no where.

"Uh, Liam, why are we stopping? It's raining." I questioned him and he just turned me around to face him. He smiled at me.

"You want to know what's really romantic?" I raised a brow at him. The hell is he talking about? Before I knew it our faces were inches a part and he cupped my face with both of his hands. I noticed I had put my hands on his chest. Oh my god, is he going to kiss me? I don't think I can do this, what if I'm a bad kisser?

Liam must've noticed me getting nervous because he started stroking his thumb against my cheek.

"Shh, just relax, I've got you Avery." He said in a low husky, but sweet sounding voice. I noticed myself relaxing and he must've too because within a matter of moments his lips touched mine.

The kiss was brief, but sweet and gentle. When we pulled our lips away from each other we looked into each other's eyes and smiled. I walked closer to him resting my head in his chest and hugged him, he immediately hugged me back and placed a kiss on top of my head before rest his chin on top.

We stayed there for a moment before it started raining harder. Then we quickly made a run for it to the bar. Laughing like little kids playing in the rain.

Once we got down to the underground, Liam walked me to my room. I opened my door and turned back to face him, he was smiling at me. He walked up to me a placed a small kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight Avery." I looked up at him and smiled.

"Goodnight Liam."