Chapter 42

Roxanne

I'm currently sitting in my Mustang which is parked off beside the mansion. I haven't started it because I know the engine can be pretty loud starting up. I'm waiting for them to load up in the SUV to leave.

After about 5 minutes they finally drove off. Making sure the headlights are off, I turn the key to start the engine. I seriously hope this thing doesn't wake everyone up. Watching the SUV pull out of the driveway I follow behind them.

I keep my distance, finally turning my headlights on. I don't want them to think something is suspicious so I'm driving behind another car.

The SUV pulls up to a club within city limits, not too far from the hotel Alessandro owns. I parked my mustang across the street at a gas station.

I waited for them to go inside before I hopped out and went across the street and followed them in.

Once I got in I noticed there was a shit ton of things broken and thrown around the place. Lights flickering from bulbs being busted. Tables and chairs flipped over, bottles of alcohol shattered everything.

I walk back where it's the darkest part of the of the club to where no one will see me. Shots were fired and I look over to see that Tyler and Nick both took out a man that had stolen items in his arms. The man fell instantly to the ground and you can see blood pooling around him even in the dark. It wasn't a sight to see, but I need to get used to it.

I heard muffled voices coming from Alessandro and his men. I heard one of them mention they needed to find the "leader" of this group of people here, they know they're all here, it's just finding them.

Alessandro and his men split up and starting searching the facility. I decided to look around myself, making sure to stay in the shadows so no one sees me. Maybe if I can catch one of them and Alessandro sees it, he will start allowing me to tag along.

I walked into one of the rooms and realized it hadn't been touched or destroy yet. Something felt off though. That when I heard footsteps coming from the far end of the room.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" A deep voice echoed in the room. I quickly looked over and saw the figure of a tall man, it's too dark in the room so I'm not able to see his face. "Come on princess, I don't bite. Let's have a little fun." My stomach turned at his comment.

"You sick bitch." I snapped at him. He quickly started coming towards me and I took off running. It's too dark and it's too late for me to grab my gun.

"Come back here you little whore!" He shouted. I quickly ran back down the stairs I had went up and ran through the middle of the floor, not caring if Alessandro and them see me. I went to take a quick glance back while running to see if that man was there, but I ran right into a large wall.

Well, it wasn't a wall, it was a very tall and muscular man standing in front of me. When I met his eyes I noticed his jaw clench. I went to grab my gun and point it at him, but he quickly snatched it from my hands and turned me around where my back is against his chest.

"Get of me you disgusting fuck!" I shouted as loud as I could. The next thing I know, the cold metal is being placed at my head. I freeze for a minute. I look up to see Alessandro and Draven running down the stairs. They freeze in their spots when they see a gun is pointed at my head.

I noticed fear then anger swipe across Draven's face, but Alessandro just looked pissed.

"Drop your guns. Anymore movements, I'll shoot this little beauty right in the head." Noticing Alessandro and Draven complying with what the man requested, I decided to make a bold move.

Quickly I grab the mans wrist the the gun and point it up, when he pulls the trigger the bullet goes through the ceiling. I then twist his wrist, hearing a crack. knowing I broke his wrist I took my gun back. I didn't have enough time to put the gun back at my waist so I quickly started punching and slamming the man to the ground until he was unconscious and there was blood.

I stopped, slowly lifting myself up and staring at the lifeless man in front of me. I looked down at myself and I noticed blood splattered all over me. I just shook my head and slowly turned around. I looked up and noticed Alessandro and his men were staring at me with shocked looks on their faces. I stood up straight crossing my arms across my chest while trying to slow my breathing.

"Draven, you and the others check the place for the others. I'll handle Roxy, I have a lot to discuss with her." Alessandro stated coldly.

"Boss, what about the bodies?" Tyler asked.

"Clear them out once you've checked the place for any others. I'll make a call, this gangs leader is dead." Alessandro said while holding a death glare at me. I looked down at the lifeless man behind me, that must've been the leader. I looked back up and noticed Alessandro's men had dispersed around the club. I met Alessandro's glare again, we just stared at each other intensely for a moment.

"What the hell were you thinking Roxy?" Alessandro snapped, I didn't phase.

"You wouldn't let me come with you." I decided to snap back.

"So you decide to make a decision and follow us here after I specifically told you not to?" he's getting angrier by the minute while stepping closer to me. I hold my place.

"I can hold my ground Alessandro, I'm not a helpless little girl. I've been training, I've-"

"That doesn't matter Roxanne, you could've been killed." he cut me off.

"So what! I'm apart of a mafia now and that's the shit I'm going to risk being apart of it. You're not my father and you can't tell me what I can and can't do."

"I can't lose you again Roxy." his voiced cracked, he's trying to hold back, but it's slowly starting to spill out.

"You're going to end up losing me either way if you don't stop trying to keep me trapped In a little bubble. I will not hesitate to run off again, I've done it all my life. I'm 23 years old, I will not be treated like a little kid by my own brother." it was silent for a moment. Alessandro broke his stare from mine. he started walking towards the door, I looked back over and noticed the rest of his men were back.

"I have to admit, you really impressed me with how you fought him off. I guess you are stronger than I thought." that was the last thing Alessandro said before leaving the now destroyed club.

Not long after Alessandro left, the rest of his men left. At least, I thought everyone left. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I quickly looked next to me to see Draven slowly walking towards me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, genuinely concerned. I looked up at him plastering a small fake smile across my face.

"I will be." was all I said, the next thing I know I was engulfed in a hug by Draven. I hesitated at first, confused at the unfamiliar feeling. I can't even remember the last time I felt comforted in a hug. a moment past and Draven still had his arms wrapped around me, I finally gave in and returned the hug. I laid my head on his chest since thats where I reach because he's so tall and I felt him tighten the hug momentarily before pulling away.

"Lets go home. I'll ride with you since I'm sure the others have already left." I nodded and grabbed my keys out of my jacket. Draven gently placed his hand on the lower part of my back as we left the club and headed across the street to my car to head home.