Chapter 13

Roxanne

3 years later...

I've been training and fighting with the underground for the past 3 years. I've got to say, and according to Ian, I've become his best fighter. Me and Liam have been doing really good, I never thought my first boyfriend would be a 3 year long relationship. He's been treating me well, I can remember after I competed and won my first fight, he was so excited. I'm pretty sure he was more excited than I was. Now that all of us have been fighting we're already there supporting each other whether we've won a match or lost.

I, have never lost a match.

I turned 18 a few months ago, which means I've been fighting with the big dogs. Tonight is the final round of the championship for the year and I'm suppose to be fighting the next biggest fighter. He's only lost one match. Ian told me he goes by the name "Sword" and he's good, but Ian believes I'm better.

I'm sitting back in the waiting room with the rest of the crew when there was a knocking on the door. Ian walks in with a guy that's maybe a few years older than I am. He's the same size as Ian, and has blonde hair.

"Raven, come here please." Ian called for me. Yea, every fighter has a nickname and I got stuck with Raven. Ravens are smart and dark, because I'm so aggressive with my fighting skills and with me being able to quickly make the next move, Raven has been my nick name.

I got up and walked over to Ian and the blonde guy that was standing next to him.

"Raven, this is Jeremiah, Jeremiah Johnson. He use to be one of the best fighters in the illegal fighting world. He even won the championship of his last year competing." I looked at the blonde and smiled at him. He stuck his hand out towards me and I returned the favor and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Raven, so, I just wanted to let you both know that I've put down a $5,000 bet for Sword to win this fight, but if Raven here wins, she'll get the money." He held eye contact with me the entire time. For some reason I have a strange feeling about this guy.

I decided to brush it off and started getting ready. I put on my black spandex shorts and my black sports bra.

When I walked out of the changing room Liam met me with a black robe to place over me until I have to go to the ring. I stood in front of the mirror with Liam right next to me getting the wraps ready to wrap my hands while I put up my hair. I went with a high ponytail.

Once my hair was up I hopped up on the sink and let Liam wrap my hands. I carefully watched out precisely he wrapped the bandages over my hands making sure they're not too tight, but not too lose either. I'm convinced anything this man does is hot.

Out of no where my nerves started kicking in, I'm about to fight in the biggest fight of my life, and against the second best fighter. I took a deep breath and I guess Liam caught that I was nervous because once he finished wrapping my hands he stood in between my legs with his arms wrapped around my waist looking at me. I looked back at him.

"Relax princess, you're going to do just fine. I'm going to be on the sidelines cheering you on and you already know I'll be there to protect you if anything happens. Plus you have the rest of the crew here supporting you. You got this baby." He placed his hand in front of me and I smiled returning the high five, which led to us intertwining our fingers together. I hopped down from the counter, still holding hands with Liam and walk towards the door where Ian is.

Liam quickly turned me to face him and quickly kissed me before I let go of him to follow Ian to the ring.

My nerves continued to grow as we walked closer to the ring. The announcer just introduced Sword and the crowd was loud. There's not many people here, just the ones who do shady business and are willing to earn some money.

Ian finally patted my back and I took off the robe and jumped into the ring with Sword. The crowd got quiet immediately, then the announcer turned back to look at me.

"And his competition today, being the one... the only... RAVEN!" The announcer growled when saying my name. The crowd started cheering again.

The announcer turned off his microphone and huddled me and Sword, he just told us the rules and so such. Everything we already know. Me and Sword shook hands then got back into our positions.

The announcer let us anticipate, we circled each other waiting for the whistle to blow. I focused on Sword, he's right side dominate which means he's going to try and hit me with his right side first.

*whistle blows*

As soon as the whistle blew, my predictions were right. Sword tried hitting me with a right side punch, I ducked under his swing. Then ended up behind him which I then elbowed his back really hard. I tried wrapping my leg around his but he had already turned back around to face me.

We kept going back and forth for awhile, either of us only getting a couple of moves in. I can tell Sword was getting pissed.

I made my next move which is my special uppercut but was caught off guard when I felt a painful snapping feeling in my right leg. I fell to the ground screaming. The next thing I know I hear hollering and I see 4 different figures standing over top of me before blacking out.