Chapter 45

Roxanne

Usually it's the sun that wakes me up in the morning, but this morning I was awoken by a very noisy and very annoying Jaxon. I groaned and tried to roll over but he ran over to the other side of the bed.

"Come on big sis, wake your ass up. Let's spend the day together before your mission tonight." He said while pulling at my arm until I finally sat up.

"Fine, fine, let me get dressed and we will go get breakfast at a cafe or something." I spoke with a very raspy morning voice.

"Okay!" Jaxon shouted as he ran out of my room. I let out a small laugh before gettin up and throwing on my usual black pants, tank top, and leather jackets. matched with my boots. I went to the bathroom and threw my hair up in a high ponytail and brushed my teeth. Grabbing my keys and head downstairs to see Jaxon and Draven talking in the living room.

"Are you ready?" I asked Jaxon walking towards him.

"Actually, can Draven go too? I need some girl advice from him." Jaxon said while rubbing the back of his neck, I raised a brow at him but didn't ask.

"Sure, let's just go before I decide to kill you for waking me up so early." I said while walking past both of them. I heard Draven chuckle behind me. I walked over to my mustang and hopped in starting the engine. Draven got into the passenger seat while Jaxon hopped in the middle seat in the back. I let out a yawn before taking off driving.

Jaxon said there's a really good restaurant in the city that has really good pancakes. I put the address in my GPS and drove through the city until we came up to it. There was a building with a parking lot at the corner so I just parked there and we will just walk across the street.

We got into the Restaurant and was immediately welcomed with the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the sweet smell of pancakes. A lady came up and sat us down by a window side table. The waitress the took our order of drinks before walking away to get them.

"So quick question, who's paying because I'm kinda broke right now until I can find a summer job before going back to school in the fall?" Jaxon asked with a big smile across his face and I just rolled my eyes.

" I guess-"

" I'll pay, don't worry about it." Draven cut me off looking right at me as he said it. I noticed Jaxon looking between us constantly.

"Are you guys a thing or something? Either those are stares of being in love or you're ready to murder each other, hell, maybe even both." Jaxon said jokingly but with a hesitant laugh.

"Here's your drinks." The waitress broke our stare when she started setting the drinks down on the table. "What can I get for you all?" She asked pulling out her note bad.

Everyone ordered there food and we ate in mostly silence besides Jaxon asking Draven occasionally asking for girl advice. Once we finished Draven ended up paying for the bill and we headed back home.

Somehow when we got home, Jaxon was able to encourage all of us to watch a movie together. I think Jaxon set me up because I was asked to go get the popcorn from the kitchen and when I came back, Ricky who was sitting on the armrest of the couch, was now sitting in my spot so there was nothing open.

"So where am I suppose to sit?" I asked while looking around at everyone while handing the bowl of popcorn off to Ace.

"Ummm, how about Draven's lap?" Jaxon looked up at me and winked, causing everyone to stare at me. "Relax Roxy, it's harmless, y'all are friends right?" Jaxon spoke up again.

"Uh, yea." Is all I said while walking over to Draven who uncrossed his leg and let me sit on his lap. We all sat in silence for the remaining time to finish the movie. Once it was over, Alessandro stood up.

"It's time." He said as everyone got up and started getting their things ready. I got up and was going to do the same until I was pulled back by Draven. He held out his pinky and I wrapped mine around his, giving him a confused look. He pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed it which immediately caused a thousand butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"You have my promise now, that I wont let anything happen to you." He spoke a deep husky but affirmative voice. I started to relax a little bit as I smiled at him, our pinkies still locked together.

"Aww how cute, they're finally holding pinkies like they're in preschool." Jaxon spoke up ruining the moment. "Don't you all have people to kill or some shit?" he asked while sitting back down on the couch turning on another movie. I rolled my eyes as me and Draven began laughing at Jaxon being absolutely ridiculous.

I walked up to my room grabbing my gun, pepper spray, and knife. Once I walked back downstairs Draven was down there waiting for me with Alessandro.

"Are you ready?" Alessandro asked. I took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said while letting out a breath. Both of them let me walk out first, following right behind me. I saw Tyler standing outside the SUV and helped me in. Draven got in after followed by Tyler. Alessandro got in the passenger seat.

The driver followed the GPS to the location of the abandoned warehouse. Once we got there they parked on the backside of the building. I took a deep breath, I felt Draven grab my hand in a reassuring way.

"Everyone, let Roxy out first. Cole activate the body cam and the earpiece. Once she's walked away from the vehicle, everyone go get in their places. When I call the shots everyone surround them. I'm pretty sure there more than one so don't let your guard down in anyway." Alessandro spoke sternly. "Roxy, it's your time to shine. Just remember what you've learned in training and you'll do fine." I nodded. Tyler and Draven got out of the SUV, letting me get out, before I could walk away, Draven pulled me back into a tight hug. I took one last inhale of his strong cologne of vanilla and tobacco before pulling away and giving him a weak smile. I turned around and started walking off, masking my fears with an emotionless expression.

I walked to the front of the building and spoke into the ear piece to see if it was on and checked the body cam as well. Cole gave me the all clear that both were working and I can continue on with the mission.

I checked my phone one last time to double check where exactly I'm suppose to meet the unknown messenger. I waited for Alessandro to come over the ear piece to say everyones in position to start the mission.

"All clear Roxy, everyone is in position. Good luck sis, you got this. We've got your back." Alessandro said over the ear piece. I took one last breath and continued walking to the location.

Let's shut this shit down.