Chapter 37

Roxanne

It's been about two weeks since I been living with my so called brother. I won't believe him until I get a full story as to how I'm his sister. It hasn't been terrible here but it hasn't been the best either. That stupid ass Nick keeps getting on my nerves.

I walked out of my room to go grab something to eat. I usually just grab food, eat and go back into my room.

When I got into the kitchen the men were all sitting at the table, besides Alessandro. I grabbed a small plate of food and began eating while standing. The tall man with black hair I met at the cafe kept throwing me glares and I returned them. There's something about him that's familiar. I haven't really learned anyone's names besides Nick.

I quickly finished eating and put my plate in the sink. I ran back up to my room closing the door. I opened the sliding door to the balcony and let the cool spring air hit against my skin.

After about 30 minutes there was a knock on the door. I just decided to ignore it, hopefully whoever it is will just go away. A bit of time passed and then the door just opened. I didn't even look back. I heard footsteps nearing but I kept my gaze on the stars against the horizon.

"I can explain everything." I turned around, it was Alessandro. He had a serious expression on his face. I just turned my back towards him again. Apart of me wants to know, but at the same time I'm scared to know. What does he know?

"Explain." I uttered out quickly. I heard him sigh as he stood against the railing on the balcony looking out at the sky a few feet away from me.

"You were two at the time, I was 7. Our aunt and uncle broke into the house and kidnapped you. I wanted to save you, I really did, but there's not much a 7 year old can do." He took a deep breath. I looked over at him and noticed how much he was struggling to keep his composure. I don't know if he was sad, angry, or both.

"I tried many ways to get my little sister back, but I knew if I went in and tried to save you we both would've been killed." I heard him sniffle, but I turned my gaze back to the sky. I hated I see people cry.

"Rei, or you knew him as uncle Rei. He's still very much alive." His words caught me off guard. I looked over at him with shock. "He was my dads wingman when he ran the mafia he's also our cousin, he used Rei to keep in contact with you. When we realized how shitty they were treating you and it wasn't getting better. We worked with the police force to play it off as he was killed." I stared at him in disbelief, I didn't know whether or not to be angry at him. I just looked back out to the sky.

"We lost contact with you after you finally ran away. Which was good to know you finally got away from them. It's just, I wanted to be there for my little sister and I couldn't do anything about it but just sit around and wait." I finally looked back at him and tears were strolling down his face. I would cry as well, but I've noticed that it became harder and harder to let myself cry after the accident.

We sat in silence for awhile, the only things I heard was the wind and the occasional sniffle from Alessandro. Apart of me wanted to go over there and comfort him, but I didn't know how. Another part of me wanted to be mad at him for not trying, but how could I? It's not really his fault for what happened.

"If you have anymore questions I'm willing to answer them." He said after taking a deep breath. I thought about it for a minute, I have so many questions I just don't know which ones to ask.

"Are you my only sibling?" I decided to keep the questions simple, I don't want Alessandro getting all worked up again. It was making me slightly uncomfortable because I didn't know what to do.

"No, we have a younger brother."

"What's his name?" I asked now looking at him.

"Jaxon, he's 19." That means they had him not long after me. I'm 23 now so that means they had him 4 years after me. I had been missing for two years.

Anger slightly boiled throughout me, how could they just have another kid when they had one missing? I just shook it off, I know I can't be mad at Jaxon, but I can't help but be slightly jealous. As well as slightly mad at my parents.

"What are our parents like?" I asked hesitantly, trying not to show that I'm mad about something.

"They're the best. Dad taught me everything I need to know to be able to run the mafia once he retired. It's been hard since I was always stressed trying to find a way to get you home, but I got through it. Mom is the most pure person. She was always there to comfort me on the hard days." I stayed quiet for a moment. Must be nice to grow up with your actual parents and people who don't neglect or abuse you.

I jumped when I felt Alessandro's arm wrap around my shoulder. I relaxed a bit when I realized he was just trying to comfort me.

"You don't have to worry about them anymore you know? I'm not going to let them hurt you again." Alessandro reassured me. I just looked up at him, I tried to come up with the right words to say or even a thank you but nothing. I just lightly nodded my head and looked back out to the sky. Alessandro removed his arm from around me.

"So, what's the name of all your men that give me death glares anytime I'm around?" I heard him chuckle.

"They're just a bit mad that I stressed all this time and was a bit of an asshole to them until I got you back home, but they'll learn to warm up to you. I'll have a talk with them tomorrow. I'll even introduce you to them all tomorrow as well if you like." I just shook my head no.

"I'll figure it out on my own, but I do want to at least know who the tall guy is with dark hair. He looks like he's ready to kill me every time he sees me" I saw Alessandro think for a minute to figure out who fit the description.

"Oh you mean Draven? He's harmless I promise." Alessandro said while patting my back. "Well I'm going to head off to bed, you should too."

"Yea." Is all I said while I turned around to go back into my room. Alessandro followed closing the door behind him. I walked over and sat on my bed.

"Goodnight little sis." He said with a smile while grabbing the door knob.

"Goodnight" I gave him a half smile as we turned and walked out of the room.

I got changed and crawled into bed and went to sleep.