Chapter 31

Roxanne

After several rest stops for naps, food, bathroom breaks and 40 something hours on the road I finally made it to New York. It's dark out now so I figure it's best to find a hotel and just crash for the night, I can go out walking around to find an apartment or something. I have quite a bit of money so I might just stick with the cheaper way of using a hotel since I don't know when I'll have to run off again.

I drove around for another 30 minutes. I've heard New York is known for terrible traffic in the city, but I guess because it's night time not many people are out. I finally found a hotel, but I took my car and parked it across the street in a parking garage.

I grabbed the 3 bags I had packed with me and took them. Locking the car I took a deep breath before leaving the parking garage and walking across the street to the hotel room.

I walked into the hotel and there was a tall man behind the desk, he seemed to be around my age. I really hope they have a room open, I don't want to carry my bags back to my car to find somewhere else. I walked up to the front desk and the man looked at me with a soft smile.

"How can I help you today ma'am?" I heard a hint of an Italian accent when he spoke.

"A room please." I spoke with a smile. I finally put the bags down so it doesn't make me collapse to the ground.

"For how many nights?"

"Umm... actually I was planning on just paying night to night, I haven't decided how long I want to stay here yet. I just got to New York today, or well, tonight I should say." He was typing away at the computer as I spoke. I was getting slightly irritated because I felt as though he ignored everything I just said.

Don't kill him Avery... geez.

"Would a room on the 4th floor be okay, it's about all we have left open." He said again with a smile. I quickly changed my facial expression from killer to a gentle smile before he saw it.

"That's fine, thank you!" He handed me some papers to fill out, then I handed him the money for the room for the first night. He handed me the room key and I picked my bags up and went to the elevator.

I reached the 4th floor and found my room. As soon as I walked into the room and dropped the bags and face planted the bed. I might as well get a shower and go to bed, I would call Rebecca and Aiden but I'm not quite sure what time it is in California and I don't want to bug them, I'll just call them when I wake up.

I went into my luggage and grabbed out a pair of underwear and an oversized t-shirt. I'm the only one staying in this room so I don't care what I wear.

Grabbing my shampoo, conditioner, soap, and razor I got into the shower. I went from taking really hot/warm showers to more cool/warm showers since it still stings my cuts.

Leaving the shower in just a towel, I went back into the room and grabbed my first aid kit. Some of my cuts were much deeper, although the stitches are out I still have to keep them cleaned out. Taking a new cotton ball with peroxide I cleaned out the smaller cuts. I then grabbed the special package my doctor gave me to clean out the bigger ones and I carefully cleaned those out, wincing at the pain that shot through my body cleaning those out.

After cleaning my cuts I put my clothes on, brushed my teeth, and placing my phone on the charger by the bed, I hopped in bed. I grabbed the remote and turned the t.v. On and saw that the looney toons were on. I remember watching space jam once at the underground. I wonder how they're all doing, hopefully they don't hate me for what I did.

After getting cozy in bed and watching t.v. I finally fell asleep.

***

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone going off. Who the fuck is calling me at? At 9:30 in the morning! I glared at the alarm clock next to my bed before picking up my phone. It finally stopped ringing.

2 missed called from Aiden.

5 missed called from Rebecca.

Geez, can't a girl get some sleep, I just drove 40 something hours here. I rolled over to go back to sleep, thinking I'll just call them back later.

NOPE! my phone goes off, yet again. I finally decide to pick it up. It was Rebecca.

"Can't a girl get some sleep?" I spoke in a tired/ raspy voice.

"Well excuse the fuck out of me, both me and Aiden have been trying to get ahold of you to see if you made it alright! We were worried since you didn't respond." She yelled at me over the phone. I mentally laughed at her, at least they care.

"I made it here last night. I got really tired once I got to the hotel room last night I ended up just getting a shower and passing out." I heard her laughed on the other end. Then someone else got ahold of the phone.

"What's up Hot Shot." Aiden said on the other end of the line. It made me smile, the little bit of time I knew Aiden I always saw him as a father figure to me.

"Nothing much just woke up to your daughter screaming in my ear this morning." I heard him chuckle on the other end, it hasn't been that long and I already miss everyone.

"Hang on you have some losers who want to say hi." Aiden said, I knew he meant the boys. My phone buzzed again and saw that it was a FaceTime call. I ended the phone call and answered the FaceTime. Everyone was there looking at the camera. I just smiled.

"Avery we miss you!" Joey said

"Yea averykins come back please." Brennen said straining his voice pleading. I just laughed as I saw the boys pushing and shoving trying to get their face in the camera.

"Guys it was good talking to you, but I'd like to go get something to eat and go walk around the city some to get familiar with it. Also stop by the grocery store to get some food for in here, and pay for my next nights hotel 'rent'" I figured it was best to get up and going so I don't try to go back to California for those fools.

"Okay Avery, be safe!" Joey yelled over the phone.

"Always Joey, bye love you guys." I responded.

"Love you too!" They all said in sync before Aiden ended the FaceTime call.

I stretched before getting out of bed, I went into my luggage again and grabbed another outfit. Putting it on and freshening up, I grabbed my keys and my room key and headed out the door.

Let's see what you have in store for me New York, but first, food!