Fresh Blood -- Vampire

~*****~

"That vampire's still out there, Dean." Sam mentions.

"First things first." Dean retorts.

"Gordon." Sam nods.

I snort. "About that-- when we find him, or if he finds us..." I trail off, my machete halting against the whet stone for a moment.

"Yeah?" Sam asked.

"He's not leaving us a whole lot of options." I explain.

"Yeah, I know. We've got to kill him." Sam agrees.

"Really?" Dean asks, his head cocked at his brother. "Just like that?" Sam shrugs. "I thought you woulda been like, no we can't. He's a human. It's wrong."

"Dean," I grasp his hand. "How many times have we run into Gordon-- how many times have we nearly been killed by Gordon, I mean." Dean doesn't answer. "He's not going to stop until we're dead..."

"She's right." Sam nods. "It's either us... Or him."

My cell goes off, and my rage bubbles back up as I gaze at the screen. I press my phone against my ear with a growl. "What?"

"Look, I don't like it when people hold grudges again me," Bela chirps. "And more to the point, I'd rather you didn't kill me, so I went ahead and found Gordon's exact location for you."

"You're like--" I trail off. "A hundred and sixty-seven miles away--"

"So don't wanna know how you know that--" Bela cuts me off. "Anyway, I'm a purveyor of powerful occult objects. I used a talking board to contact the other side."

"And?"

"Warehouse. Two stories, riverfront, neon sign outside." Bela recites.

"Thanks." I say irritably.

"One more thing. The spirit had a message for you. Leave town, run like hell, and whatever you do, don't go after Gordon." Bela reiterates. "For whatever that's worth. Now I hope my fruity red jacket won't be the clothes I die in."

I end the call and grimace. "What is it?" Dean asks.

"I have a location on Gordon," I mention. "But the spirit Bela found him with says to run."

"Why would it say that?" Sam asks.

I'm silent for a moment before shrugging. "I have no clue."

~*****~

The warehouse is empty-- save for the vampire we'd lost during Gordon's initial attack. He's kneeling before two headless women chained to the ceiling. Dean gestures to the knife on the table before moving towards it. Sam and I nod, stepping closer to the vampire. "Go ahead..." The vampire sniffles. "Do it... Kill me."

"What happened here?" I ask.

"Gordon Walker." The vampire answers with so much venom, I'd wondered just how deep the vampires hatred ran. "I never should've brought a hunter here. Never. I just-- I just wanted some kind of revenge. Stupid-- exposing him to my family."

"Oh, yeah, you're such a family man." Dean sneers.

"You don't understand..." The vampire sniffles.

"I don't want to understand, you son--"

"I was desperate. You ever felt desperate?" The vampire cuts Dean off. "I've lost everyone I ever loved. I'm staring down eternity alone. Can you think of a worse hell?"