Jus In Bello -- Trap

~*****~

I glare at Ruby from my perch on one of the desks, my shot gun sitting in my lap. I let my gaze wander from the demon as I hear a door shut down the hall. "Get the equipment to work?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"So?"

"So, this is insane." Sam responds.

"You win understatement of the year." Ruby mentions.

"Look, I get it. You think--"

Ruby cuts Dean off. "I don't think. I know. It's not gonna work." She gets up and huffs. "So long guys."

"So you're just gonna leave?" Sam asks.

"Hey--" She snaps. "I was gonna kill myself to help you win. I'm not gonna stand here and watch you lose. And I'm disappointed.... Because I tried. I really did. But clearly, I bet on the wrong horse. Do you mind letting me out?"

~*****~

As instructed, I sat atop the building with Nancy and the other officer, away from the destruction that's gonna go down. I peer over the roof edge curiously as the demons begin to swarm inwards. "When this is over, I'm gonna have so much sex." Nancy mentions breathlessly. Amici glances over at her as if he's offering himself. "But not with you." I snort and laugh.

"We better move." I order with a grin. We split apart and reseal the entrances from the outside after the demons had swarmed inside. I can hear an exorcism over the intercoms and I sigh out softly. I run around to the front entrance and push open the doors before bolting to Dean and leaping onto him. "Good plan." I sigh out. Dean chuckles and sags against the wall.

Nancy and Amici are helping the recently possessed get around when Henriksen comes to us. "I better call this in. Hell of a story I won't be telling." He mentions.

"So, what are you gonna tell them?" I ask.

"The least ridiculous lie I can come up with in the next five minutes." He retorts.

"Good luck with that." Dean hums. "Not to pressure you or anything, but what are you planning to do about us?"

"I'm gonna kill you." He responds casually. "Sam and Dean Winchester were in the chopper when it caught on fire. Nothing's left. Can't even identify them with dental records. Carlotta Bellway's transport van was hijacked and had been destroyed upon retrieval. The body was destroyed beyond recognition." The three of us share an amused look. "Rest if peace, guys." He shakes out hands and nods his head to the door. "Now get out of here."

I lean up and peck him on the cheek before trotting off after Sam and Dean.

~*****~

"So, tell me everything." Dean says to me irritably when we arrived at the motel. Sam was inside getting our rooms, and I blow out a soft breath.

"That list..." I mention. "It was given to me by a demon trying to rise up against Lilith. In return of destroying the ones on my list, he offered me an endless supply of followers to practice my powers on. That's what I did when I left you guys after that hells gate incident." I lift up my hands and rub them against my arms. "He sweetened the deal, with anything I wanted. I suppose he expected some materialistic." I trail off and swallow. "I've had him searching ways to pull you from the pit if... if we can't save you."

Dean's silent for a minute before growling. "You can't trust demons, Lottie. What if he'd conned you out of your soul?"

I chuckle. "He can only do that if the deal is sealed with a kiss." I explain. "And trust me, I'd kill him if he tried anything." I explain. Dean growls again and leans back against his seat. "I'm sorry... I kept it from you."

"That's not the only thing." Dean mentions gruffly. "I heard what Ruby said. I know you're pregnant." My mouth feels dry. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrug. "You've already got so much on your plate... I didn't want you to have something else to worry about. Not while we're trying to get you out of your deal."

Dean rubs at his face and he sighs. "Look. I don't want you in the action. Not anymore. You need to rest. All these hunts we've been doing-- you're hurting yourself and the baby. No, from now on, you're gonna stay on the sidelines." I nod after a moment and reach for the door handle. Dean stops me and grasps at my arm. I can smell the cologne on him and it makes my stomach start fluttering. "It's... It's mine... right?"

"I'm nearly five months." I explain softly. "It's been... more than that since Sam and I..." I trail off. "Plus, he wore a condom. You and I don't."

Dean let out a shaky breath before he smoothed his palm over my belly. "I thought something was strange... One day, you just... started wearing clothes during sex, and I didn't understand it." He kisses me softly and tugs me closer. "I love you."

My lip wobbles gently and I nod. "I love you, too..." I murmur delicately before cupping the palm on my belly. "We both do..."

~*****~

Dean has me sedentary in the motel room. I can't even get up to get a drink. Sam is smiling at us as Dean rubs at my feet. Normally, I'd be embarrassed as hell to have him rub at my feet, considering they're ginormous, but I'm feeling relaxed and boneless.

I jolt upwards as the door rattles from a series of knocks. I share a glance with Sam as Dean walks over and opens it up cautiously. He sighs irritably and swings the door open, letting Ruby walk inwards. "Turn on the news." She snaps as she surges inwards.

I reach towards the remote and turn on the TV. "The community is still reeling from the tragedy that happened just a few hours ago." The live reporter hummed. The screen read, explosion at monument county sheriff's office. "Authorities believe a gas main ruptured, causing the massive explosion that ripped apart the police station and claimed the lives of everyone inside. Among the deceased, at least six police officers and staff, including Sheriff Melvin Dodd, Deputy Phil Amici, and Secretary Nancy Fitzgerald, as well as three FBI agents, identified as Steven Groves, Calvin Reidy, and Victor Henriksen. Three fugitives in custody were also killed. We'll continue to follow the story here at the scene, but for now, back to you, Jim."

My stomach clenches. Ruby switches the TV off. "Must've happened right after we left." Sam mentions softly.

"Considering the size of the blast... Smart money's on Lilith." Ruby explains as she tosses charms towards us.

"What's in these?" Dean asks as I gaze at it.

"Something that'll protect you, throw Lilith off your trail-- for the time being, at least." Ruby sighed.

"Thanks--"

"Don't--" She snapped, cutting Sam off. "Don't thank me. Lilith killed everyone. She slaughtered your precious little virgin, plus a half a dozen other people. So after your big speech about humanity and war, turns out your plan was the one with the body count. Do you know how to fight a battle?" She asks as we remain silent. "You strike fast, and you don't leave any survivors, so no one can go running to tell the boss. So, next time.... we go with my plan."

Ruby leaves without another word. I gaze up at Dean and sigh softly.