Fresh Blood -- Reckless

~*****~

I flinched at the sudden ringing coming from Dean. "You've had the phone two hours, Dean," Sam mentions as Dean digs it out. "Who'd you give the number to?"

"Nobody." Dean retorts. He flips the phone open as Sam and I sit close to Dean. "Hello?" Dean is silent for a moment before turning to Sam. "How'd you get this number?" I share a confused glance with Sam. "I guess you'll just have to find us.... What's the matter, Gordo? You're not afraid of us, are you? We're just sitting here. Bring it on!" Dean's face shifts from smug to concerned in a split second. "Gordon, let the girl go.... Gordon! Don't do this. You don't kill innocent people. You're still a hunter!" Dean gazes down at his cell phone and grimaces. "Lottie--"

"Don't start." I snap as I stand up. "You're not keeping me here, I'm going with you." Dean glances at Sam with pleading eyes, but Sam just holds up his hands. "I'm a hunter, too. And if this bastard is using innocent people as bait, then there's no way in hell I'm gonna sit on the sidelines. Besides, we're stronger together."

"I hate to say it, Dean, but Lottie's powers can save the girls life if Gordon get tired of waiting." Sam mentions.

I offer Dean a reassuring smile. "Don't start trying to protect me now. I'm a big girl, I'm more than capable of taking out a freak with fangs."

Dean scratches at his hair irritably before sighing. "Fine. But don't be reckless. Don't act like I can't see how exhausted you are."

I nod and grab my machete. "Then let's get going."

~*****~

The warehouse is musty. We share a look before surging forward as quietly as we can. Terrified whimpering echoes out deeper in the warehouse. "Hey--" I hiss softly as I round a corner. I see the girl tied up and whimpering. "It's okay, don't worry," I coo as I kneel down to her. "We're gonna get you out of here." The girl nods frantically as I tug at the gag in her mouth. "Get up, watch your head." I press a palm against the crown of her head and guide her forward.

Dean lifts her up into his arms. "Sam, Lottie-- Stay close." Dean orders. I give a sharp yelp as a shutter comes down and separates Sam and I from Dean. "SAM! LOTTIE!" Dean shouts.

"Dean!" I shout

"Damn it, guys!" Dean barks. "Guys, be careful!"

The light goes out above us, making me groan. "Just our luck, huh?" I mention. It's too dark to even see.

"Gordon!" Sam calls out as I grasp onto his jacket, my machete gripped tightly in my free hand. "You got me where you want me. You might as well come out and fight!"

"I'm right here, Sam." I hear Gordon's voice. I swing out, my blade slicing through air. "What's the matter, guys?"

"So this is really the way you wanna do it, huh?" I ask.

"Damn right, I do." Gordon chuckles. "You have no idea what I faced.... to get here. I lost everything.... My life. But it's worth it. 'Cause I'm finally gonna kill the most dangerous things I've ever hunted. Neither of you are human."

I scoff. "Look who's talking." I mention. I swing out again, my machete clanging against a machine.

"You're right." Gordon sighs. "I'm a bloodthirsty killer."

"Don't talk about it like you don't have a choice." Sam retorts.

"I don't."

"Yes you do, Gordon!" Sam snaps. "You didn't kill that girl."