The Kids Are All Right -- Together

~*****~

Morning hit by the time we got all the kids back home safe and sound. Ben sat in the back with me, snoozing peacefully while we rode to Lisa's house. "Hey kiddo," I hum as I pat his shoulder lightly. "We're almost there." I coo softly.

"BEN?!" I hear Lisa shout as we come into view. Dean opens his door and the boy leaps over the seat to run for his mom. "Baby, are you okay?" She expresses worriedly.

"I'm okay, mom," Ben states softly as she lifts him into her arms. I just stand by the Impala with Sam awkwardly.

"What the hell just happened?" Lisa questioned as Dean approached the two.

"I'll explain everything if you want me to, but trust me, you probably don't." Dean hummed. "The important thing is that Ben's safe."

"Thank you." Lisa breathed out. She hugs him, and I have to turn my gaze away. My heart was hurting just by the image, but I had probably hurt Dean way worse than this was hurting me.

"We're, uh... We're gonna give you guys some time." I mention softly.

"You sure, baby?" Dean questions softly. I purse my lips together as a flush crawls up my neck and I nod sullenly before getting back into the Impala.

~*****~
Dean's POV

After explaining everything, Lisa just stared in shock. Ben was content eating a sandwich and listening to music on his CD player and looking at a figure car. "Changelings?" Lisa inquired.

"You know how I never mentioned my job?" I ask softly. "This is my job."

"I so didn't want to know that." Lisa retorts. "Do you think he'll be okay?" Lisa asks.

"Yeah, I think he'll be fine." I hum. "Okay, seriously....  I mean, you're 100% sure that he is not mine, right?" I ask desperately. "Right?"

Lisa laughs. "You're off the hook." She chuckles. "I did a blood test when he was a baby."

"Oh," I hum. I gazed back over at the boy and my heart tugged a little painfully.

"There was this guy-- some bar back in a biker joint." Lisa continues to explain. I send her an obvious look. "What? I had a type. Leather jackets, couple of scares, no mailing address--" I shake my head. "I was there. Guess I was a little wild back then... Before I became a mom. "So, yeah. You can relax."

I nodded lightly. "Good." I hum, my own throat hitching for a moment as I gaze back at Ben.

"I... I swear you look disappointed." Lisa mentions.

"Yeah, I uh... I'm with the most amazing woman on the planet, and we... We recently just endured a miscarriage." I explain lightly. "And I was such a dick to her yesterday. I mean, this life, kids-- It shouldn't be possible for our type of life. But, when the possibility opened up, and shut so suddenly, I... I guess it was a slug to the gut." I shake my head. "Some things happened recently, and uh... It makes me think-- What am I gonna be leaving behind besides a car and a heartbroken girlfriend?"

"Something like that-- It can really change a person." Lisa hums softly. "But if it wasn't for you, Ben wouldn't be alive. That's a lot if you ask me."

I nod and turn to leave. I turn back, my mouth moving on it's own. "You, for the record, you've got a great kid. If I ever get the chance to experience it, I hope to god that he or she's half the kid yours is." I mention softly.

"Well, you and Lottie are welcome to come back any time. It'd be nice to have such good friends." Lisa hummed.

"We'll look forward to it."

~*****~
Carlotta's POV

Dean and I sat in a diner, enjoying a silent dinner. "So, listen, Lottie, about this whole situation," Dean started. I flinched and gazed towards the window. "Who's better?"

I started choking on my drink and pounded on my chest. "Dean!" I scolded angrily. "What does it--"

"Come on, I don't care if my brother is bigger, but I'd like to know if he can make you--"

"I swear to god, Dean," I groan as I press my palms against my face. "I was angry, and I shouldn't have turned to Sam, but I told him very clearly it was not to happen again. No matter where our relationship went once you found out."

Dean smiled and stretched his arms out. "Listen, baby, I know you're torn up about it, but I understand. I really do." He hummed before leaning forward and grasping my hands tenderly. "I was a dick. I really was. And I shouldn't have even mentioned that I--"

"You get one freebie." I snap quickly. "One-- One opportunity to catch a fling with another girl, and I won't even mention it."

"Lottie, I can hear your voice quivering. I'm not doing that. I will take, a night of whatever I want." Dean suggests. "No complaints, so if I want a freaky position with whipped cream, burgers, and apple pie, then I don't wanna hear it."

"That doesn't seem fair, Dean..." I mention softly.

"Fair? Baby, I'm not asking for fair, there is no fair or unfair. This is us. Our relationship is strong, and I'm not fixing to lose you, especially to my baby brother."

"What I did was wrong, I don't understand why--"

Dean got up and slid into the booth besides me. "Right, wrong, all I know, is that it's not your thing, sleeping with other men. I know it's not your character, and you won't even attempt it again, no matter how much I say it's okay. I know who you are, and I love you. I'm serious. What happened, happened. We can't change it, all we can do is move forward."

I feel tears prick at my eyes for a moment before I nod gingerly. "Okay..." I hum softly. "But, you need to add ice cream to your freak night."

"What kind of night would it be without pie ala mode?" Dean questions cutely. "Especially your pie~"

I groan and face plant onto the booth table.