Dream A Little Dream of Me -- Thief

~*****~

My nose crinkles at the thick, yellow tea I'm bringing back to Sam and Dean. "Well, shall I dim the lights for you chuckle heads?" I ask.

"Only if you sync up Wizard of Oz and Dark Side Of The Moon." Dean retorts sarcastically.

"Why would we do that?" Sam asks.

Dean and I share a disappointed look. "Dude, what did you do during college?" Dean asks.

Dean attempts to take a sip, but I slap at his hand. "Not yet--" I hiss. Sam holds out the little yellow packet from his pocket.

"What is that?" Dean asks as I sprinkle some of it into his drink.

"Bobby's hair."

"We have to drink Bobby's hair?" Dean asks irritably.

"That's how you control whose dream you're entering." I explain. "You gotta drink some of their, uh... some of their body."

"Oh... Well, guess the Hair of the Dog's better than other parts of Bobby." Dean rationalizes.

"Bottoms up, boys." I chirp. "I'll be watching over you two, so don't worry about things on this end." They down the drinks immediately and I try not to recoil from the smell. Almost immediately, they fall backwards onto the bed, their glasses thudding against the ground. "Wow. That shit works fast." I hum. Not even five minutes into the dream, both Sam and Dean bolt upright, breathing heavily. "Oh my god-- what happened?!"

"I-- I think Bobby's awake." Dean mentions. He gazes down at the cup. "That's a hell of a roofie."

"Shut up." I urge as I grab the Impala keys. "Let's go!" Sam opens his mouth. "Save it for the ride!" I bark.

"Sometimes, I think she likes Bobby more than she likes us." Dean mentions as I start up the Impala. I shoot him an irritated glare. "I get it-- Start driving, speed demon."

~*****~

It was a relief to see him awake. It really was. "Hey, Bobby?" Dean hummed after what felt like an eternity of silence. "That, uh, that stuff-- all that stuff with your wife.... That actually happen?"

I let my gaze flicker up to Bobby, my throat drying. Dean and Sam had recounted everything that happened during their dream walking experience. It was horrible what happened to Bobby. "Everybody got into hunting somehow." Bobby answered.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry." Bobby retorted quickly. "If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost in there... or dead." Dean shifted a little and swallowed. "Thank you."

I hum with a smile before getting back to reading through Bobby's case notes. "So, uh, stoner boy wasn't in his dorm." Sam's voice rings out. "My guess is he's long gone by now."

"He ain't much of a stoner." Bobby mentioned.

"No?" I scoff

"No." Bobby huffed. "His name's Jeremy Frost-- full-on genius-- 160 I.Q. Which is saying something, considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head." Bobby held up another photo. "Here's father of the year. He died before Jeremy was ten."

"Looks like a real sweetheart." Sam hums.

"Injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand." Bobby explained. "He hasn't dreamt since."

"Till he started dosing the dream drug." Dean states. Bobby hummed in response. "How did he know how to dig up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?"