Bedtime Stories -- Callie

~*****~

"There was definitely no demon here," I mention as we comb the house. "I mean, no sulfur, no demonic energy still lingering... What about EMF?" I question aloud.

"Yeah, it's going nuts when I went over here by the window." Sam answered. "There was definitely a spirit here."

"Who stood outside the crime scene and watched?" Dean asked.

"Looks like." Sam hummed.

"What the hell do you make of that?" Dean asks.

"Actually, I do have a theory. Uh, sort of." Sam answered.

"Well, lay it on me." I hum as I leap up onto the table, kicking my legs back and forth.

"Well, thinking about fairy tales." Sam answered.

"Oh, that's--" Dean started, sharing a confused expression with me. "That's nice. You think about Fairy Tales often?"

"No, Dean, I'm talking about the murders." Sam snapped. "A guy and a girl hiking through the woods. An old lady tries to eat them. That's Hansel and Gretel."

I gave a hum in response. "Oh, that's-- That's kinda smart actually. We got the three brothers arguing over how to build houses attacked by the Big Bad Wolf. Three Little Pigs."

"Exactly," Sam nodded.

"Actually, those guys were a little chubby," Dean retorted. "Well, wait, I thought all those things ended with everybody living happily ever after."

"Oh, god-- No, not the originals." I snort. "The Grimm Brothers' stuff was kind of like the folklore of it's day-- full of sex, violence, cannibalism. Then it got sanitized over the years, turned into Disney flicks and bedtime stories."

"So, you think the murders are, what, a re-enactment?" Dean asks. "It's a little crazy."

I giggle. "Dean, take a look at our lives." I snort. "We see crazy every single day."

"Touché." Dean answered. "How's the creepy ghost girl involved?"

"She must've been here for a reason..." I hum thoughtfully. "I'm willing to bet you top dollar she was at the construction site, too."

"We gotta do some research now, don't we?" Dean asked.

"You betcha." I smirk before tossing my jacket over my shoulders.

~*****~

The library had jack squat. "Every single record they had-- not a single thing. I mean, we checked everything with a violent childhood deaths for a town this size. It's pretty normal. You wanna know how many were little girls with black hair and pale skin?"

"Zero," Sam answered.

"Zero!" Dean and I echoed. "Do you want to know how many little girls with black hair and pale skin that have gone missing? Right again. Zip, zilch, nada." Dean added. "Tell me you got something good, cause I've totally wasted the last six hours."

"Well, you ever hear of Lilian Bailey?" Sam asked. We shook our head. "She was a British medium from the 1930's."

"She got a thing for Fairy Tales?" I asked.

"No, trances." Sam answered. "See, she'd go into these unconscious states where, um-- get this-- her thoughts and actions were completely controlled by spirits."