Chapter 18

! I am so sorry for the very very loooonngggggg late update, I had a lot on my plate for a while and I almost forgot about this story hahaha ok enough of the talk hehe!

The day went by with Simon discussing how the tour would go and the girls and I decided to spend the whole day at their house for a movie marathon. Normani and Dinah were goofing around while Lauren and Ally were busy chatting with Ellie. I watched the movie while mindlessly playing with Camila's hair who is laying on my lap half asleep.

" Just go to sleep if you're tired," I whispered in her ear before giving her a small peck on the cheek. She smiled as she held my hand while closing her eyes. I chuckled as she did as I continued to watch the movie. A few hours later everybody was asleep while I was scrolling through my phone. I carefully lifted Camila's head and stood up to go to the kitchen to find something to drink. While looking at the fridge my phone vibrated and revealed a text from my dad.

Change of plans I'll be there tonight, there is no time to waste. I'm already on my way, Be sure you and Ellie are there when I arrive because I need your cooperation on this.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I read the text sent to me by my dad. What could be important that he needs me for? I sighed as I flinched a bit when I noticed Lauren standing at the doorframe yawning.

" Something bothering ya?" she asked trying to peek at your phone.

" Woah, I thought you were a ghost for a second there." I joked referring to her messy hair while she rolled her eyes walking towards the fridge.

" Pfft, I'm way too beautiful to be a ghost." she sassily says as she reaches out for the ice cream with the label Dinah on it making me slightly chuckle.

" You're dead when Dinah finds out you ate her ice cream." She shrugs with a wicked smile painted on her face.

" Trust me she won't notice so shhhh." She signals as I playfully shush myself watching her get a spoon.

" Want some?" She turns to me as I shook my head.

" Uhm no, I wouldn't want to be haunted in my dreams from the guilt of eating "the Great Dinah's" Ice cream." I playfully try to act worried. "but can you just tell them when they wake up that I had to go to an urgent meeting with my dad well at least that's what he said and I got to go right now," she snorts raising an eyebrow looking at me making me shrug.

" I thought your dad was away." She says.

" That's what I thought too," I answered following her as she finds her way back to the living room.

" Okay, be sure you give us an update y/n/n." I smiled as I walk over to Camila kissing her forehead, silently saying my goodbyes as she groans a little. I gently picked up Ellie before making my way out.

" Bye." I whispered as she silently mouth back with a playfully stern look "take care" I nod chuckling slightly. " okay mom." she rolls her eyes as she turns to enjoy her food.

I drove to my house as I furrowed my eyebrows when I see my dad's car comes into view.

"I guess it's that urgent huh," I muttered to myself as I park my car sighing a bit as I see my dad with his grumpy face and his driver beside him. I gently carried Ellie as I walk to him.

" I thought I was clear when I texted you that you needed to be here when I arrive and where the hell did you even come from in the middle of the night and with Ellie?!" He angrily says whispering slightly as he notices Ellie in my arms.

" I should be the one asking you that, considering that you wanted to meet me in the middle of the night," I say annoyed but trying to keep my manners intact. He huffs while getting Ellie from my arms so that I can open the front door.

"I want you to pack your bags now." I quickly turn to look at him completely shocked.

" What?!" I asked trying to keep my tone low trying not to wake Ellie up. He sighed a bit as he hands Ellie to his Driver making her groan.

"No, wait!" I tried to get her but my dad tries to pry me out of the way making me look at him annoyingly."

" Let's talk inside." I sighed before tentatively following him to sit in the living room.

" Look, I don't know what's going on with you but I need an explanation ASAP."

" Y/n I need you to take my place for our Company they need a new leader to run the company and My resignation is on 30 days. Don't worry I'll be there as well as some professionals to guide you." I looked at him trying to find the right words to mutter.

" Wait to hold on, I got other plans on my life and apparently is going well and you come into it barging in and ruin it. Funny how you think that if you say so I'd be willing to kiss your ass and agree" I looked at him annoyed as he looks at me trying to keep his temper.

" I don't see how perfect your life is y/n. I assume that sitting around with those harmony girls and that hobby about writing songs is your definition of a perfect life but to me, I don't think so. It may seem perfect at the moment but how long? it's good that you have a passion for songs but you need to secure a good future for yourself y/n." he places a hand on your shoulder as you try to shrug it off.

" I'm sure I can take care of myself, I spent years doing so and I don't need you to come back into my life and act as if you care about my future." He crosses his arms as he gives you a very stern look.

" I admit I have been a very careless father but you need to keep our Companies running and not disgrace our family's name by losing the company to other hands." He says as I try to speak up but he raises his hand signaling that he doesn't want to hear anything I say anymore and I know that there is really nothing stopping him when he sets his mind straight. As much as I really hate this man he is still my father I sighed frustratedly as I try to find a way to get out of this.

" Now go pack your bags, I'll be waiting in the car with Ellie."He sternly says as I try to protest.

" But I already agreed to go with the girls on tour!" I try to speak up again as I breathe in deeply.

" I'll make sure to cancel that now go." He says while reaching for his phone.

"Bu-" " I said Go!" He cuts me off as I stomp my way to my bedroom.

I reached out to my pocket to try and call Camila and tell her about this but It just keeps going on voicemail. I sighed while rubbing my face with my hands trying to figure out what to do, I can't just up and leave ugh.....

(not proofread 😗 I never thought people would read this considering that I was just experimenting on my first book, but it was a shock for me and I really appreciate it 😭❤️)