Chapter Fourteen (1/2)

Izuku grabbed his yellow backpack that was lying on his bedroom floor and went to leave the room. He stopped however when he saw his reflection in the mirror that was leaning against the wall.

He frowned as he used his finger to pull down on the dark circles underneath his eyes. 'These are getting worse.' He thought and let out a small sigh before exiting his room.

Izuku walked down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen to get something quick to eat for breakfast. His walk to the kitchen was brought to a hold when he noticed his dad in the living room sitting on the couch.

"Oh dad, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" Izuku walked over to the man and asked him. "Yeah, I should." The man said as he tried and failed to fit one of the broken vase pieces together with the base of the broken vase.

Izuku's eyes painfully watched the man attempt to fit the broken vase piece with another section that clearly didn't fit together. "*sigh* What are you doing?" Izuku asked him. "I'm trying to fix your mother's vase that I broke, but these pieces just won't fucking go together! Sorry." The man explained and apologized for swearing.

"At least you're trying to make it up to her. I'm sure she would appreciate it." Izuku told him while giving him a small reassuring smile. "*sigh* I doubt it." Hisashi grumbled out as he tried to fit the piece in another location.

When the piece didn't fit in the spot Hisashi dropped it on the table alongside the other broken pieces and leaned back on the couch. "Ugh, I give up! This shit just doesn't fucking fit!" Hisashi exclaimed as he ran his fingers through his messy black curls. He then leaned over to the side table and grabbed the can of beer that he had left on it. "Sorry...again." He mumbled out before taking a sip from the beer.

Izuku dropped his backpack on the couch and kneeled in front of the coffee table with the pieces on it. "You shouldn't be drinking so early in the morning." Izuku said as he picked up the piece that his dad was having trouble with. "Yeah well I ran out of smokes so this was the next best thing to relieve my stress before going to my damn job. I hate working there." Hisashi told him and took another sip of the beer can as he watched Izuku turn the piece around in his hands.

Izuku grabbed the hot glue gun that was on the table and glued the bottom of the piece. He then placed it on the correct section of the broken vase.

"Well, would you look at that." Hisashi remarked as he watched as Izuku made sure the piece was secure. "Ha, Thanks Zuku." The man smiled lightly as he thanked the teen and called him by his nickname that he has had ever since he was little. "No problem." Izuku said softly as he picked up another piece to try and figure out where it goes.

Hisashi frowned slightly as he watched his son work on the vase. "Hey uh, Zuku doesn't school start soon I could uh give you a ride." Hisashi offered. The greenette just shook his head as he glued down another piece. "It's fine the train doesn't come for another half hour, I have plenty of time." Izuku told him as he looked for another easy piece to solve for.

"Right, your mom did say that you always leave early." Hisashi commented to which Izuku just hummed in response. "Where is mom anyway?" Izuku asked as he put down a piece and picked up a new one to see if it would fit anywhere. "Uh, well she's having a meeting with uh, friend?" he answered but it sounded more like a question.

"It doesn't sound like you're so sure about that." Izuku said. "Ha yeah well..." Hisashi began to say as he rubbed the back of his neck suddenly feeling somewhat guilty. He looked back at Izuku still concentrating on the vase and chewed on the inside of his mouth unsure if he should continue with what he was going to say.

"*sigh* Izuku." Hisashi sighed out and placed his hand on top of the greenette's causing the boy to stop what he was doing and look up at his dad.