Chapter Fourteen (2/2)

Izuku slowly opened his eyes, being met with the darkness of his bedroom. He sat up in his bed and pressed his hand against the side of his head. "How long was I asleep for?" he mumbled to himself.

The teen then leaned over to his nightstand trying to turn on the lamp next to him. Once the light was on he noticed that there was a thermos and a notebook on the table along with his phone.

Izuku tilted his head questionably at the objects as he went to pick them up. "Did someone come over?" Izuku questioned out loud as he picked up the notebook, having not remembered anything about the blonde's visit.

Izuku opened up the book and skimmed through the notes on the pages. 'These aren't Todoroki's notes so I guess it wasn't him.' Izuku thought and put the book back down on the nightstand. He then picked up the thermos and unscrewed the top in order to look inside of it. He smiled softly when he saw that there was miso soup inside. 'Well, whoever it seemed to have really cared.' Izuku thought as he got out of his bed and placed the top back on the thermos.

Izuku left his room and walked down the stairs so he could head to the kitchen and get a spoon to eat the soup with. When he made it to the kitchen he stopped at the doorway when he saw his parents sitting across from each other at the table.

"Zuku! You're awake!" Hisaishi exclaimed when he looked up and saw the boy standing by the doorway. "Why don't you take a seat." Inko told the boy, causing Izuku to slowly walk over to the table and take a seat at the head of the table, in between his parents.

"How are you feeling?" Inko asked the teen who was staring down at the thermos in his hands. "Fine." Izuku said softly without looking at her. Inko looked over at Hisashi who just silently nodded his head towards Izuku signaling that she should talk to him first.

"*sigh* Sweetie you know that your father and I both love you, right?" Inko told the boy who just nodded his head. "Exactly which is why we aren't blaming you for our divorce." Hisashi said, causing Izuku to tense up and tighten his hold on the thermos.

"We both have our own reasons for wanting to split up." Inko said while Hisashi nodded his head in agreement. "Right, like how my reason is that I'm just tired of always coming home late from a long day of work and instead of being met with appreciation I get an annoying woman screaming in my face." Hisashi said while side-eyeing Inko. "Oh really, well my reason is that I'm sick of coming home to a messy house that reeks of alcohol and cigarettes and guess whose fault that is." Inko said as she glared at the man.

"Well sorry that the things I use to help my mental health bother you!" Hisashi yelled. "Yeah and look at what those 'helpful' things did to you! You're an alcoholic!" Inko argued back at him. "I am not!" "Yes you are and you get worse every day! You're setting such a bad example for our son! You rarely see Izuku as it is and whenever you do you're either drinking or already drunk!" Inko told the man who frowned back at her.

"Yeah well even though I'm always working I'm the one that pays attention to him more than you do!" Hisashi argued, causing Inko to let out a scoff as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "I'm the one constantly reminding you when all his soccer games are, when he has an AP test, hell I even knew about his little ex-boyfriend before you did and your friends with that kid's mother!" Hisashi listed off causing his wife to return the glare that he had given to her earlier.

While the two adults continued to argue with one another Izuku placed the thermos on the table and got up from his seat. He walked out of the kitchen and went over to the closet in the hallway. He pushed past all the objects on the shelf before finding the item he was looking for.

He found the vase and went back into the kitchen where he placed the vase down on the table gaining his parent's attention.

"My vase? It's fixed." Inko said softly as she stared at the once broken vase in disbelief. "Dad fixed it." Izuku said, causing Inko to look over at Hisashi who was frowning sadly at the vase.