F O U R T E E N

Taehyung reached for his phone on the bedside table and checked the time.

2:30am.

He got up from his bed and walked towards the door with uncertain steps.
He cautiously opened the door and kind of felt a relief seeing Rosé standing there. She was looking rather distressed.

"Hey-" Taehyung got cut off by Rosé's action.

Rosé suddenly took quick steps towards Taehyung and kissed him, snaking her hands on Taehyung's neck. Taehyung immediately broke the kiss by holding Rosé's waist.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Rosé without replying, removed Taehyung's hands from her waist and again kissed him. It was like she had suddenly gained a lot of power, because Taehyung was unable to handle her force.

In seconds Rosé had closed the door and pinned Taehyung to it, kissing him like a hungry wolf.

"What is wrong with you Rosé!?" Taehyung shouted finally pushing Rosé away.

Rosé just stood in his room looking at Taehyung, tears filling her eyes.

"Please Taehyung. I can't-" She started sobbing. Taehyung softened seeing her cry and went near her.

"Hey hey what is it, tell me. Why did you do that?" Taehyung asked his voice measured.

"I can't do anything Taehyung. I need a distraction. I can't handle it. It's too much for me. I need a distraction Taehyung please-" Rosé was sobbing heavily while speaking.

"Each time I try to sleep I see Hoseok. And immediately I feel cold. I feel empty." She stopped and looked at Taehyung. Her eyes holding a heavy gaze over Taehyung's soft eyes. She put her hands on Taehyung's shoulder and said:

"Please Taehyung. Let me- I need help. Please... Help me!" She leaned forward, but Taehyung took a step back.

"Rosé you are drunk and you don't know what you are doing or saying you-"

"I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING TAEHYUNG! I know. I know..." Rosé again stepped towards Taehyung, her lips inches away from his.

"I know..." She whispered near his lips.

Taehyung felt Rosé's hot breath on his face and the sweet smell of wine captivating his mind. He felt a soft touch of Rosé's lips brushing against his ever so gently. He felt Rosé's hands snake around his neck yet again, pulling him closer. He felt the pair of lips kiss him, giving a strong scent of wine.

It all happened quick and Taehyung didn't realize when he was kissing her back, both of them getting the sour taste of wine from each other's mouth. Taehyung's hands were on Rosé's waist and he felt a push from Rosé which made him sit on his bed.

Rosé sat on Taehyung's lap, their kiss turning into a soft and wet make out, because Rosé's eyes kept on shedding tears. After sometime when they both had felt each other's warmth, Taehyung broke the kiss and looked at Rosé.

Rosé was no more making any sort of effort to stop Taehyung from stopping whatever they were doing. Taehyung made Rosé get up from his lap and made her sit beside him on the bed.

"You know we can't do this right?" Taehyung said softly looking at Rosé who didn't make eye contact.

"You have to be strong. I know it is harder to do than say, but we don't have any other option except that. We have to be strong." Taehyung said now placing a hand on her cheek wiping her tears and making her look up.

"I- I'm sorry-" She again broke into tears.

"It's okay... I know how hard it is for you... We all know..."

"I am a very bad person, a very bad girlfriend..."

"No no Rosé don't think that. You were the best thing that ever happened to Hoseok. And you know Hoseok would never hate you, he would understand you. No one is going to judge you okay?"

Rosé gave a soft smile, slowly nodding her head.

"Thank you for stopping me from doing something which I would have regretted later Taehyung." She said standing up.

Taehyung smiled at her and stood up engulfing her in a warm hug. Both of them crying their eyes out hugging each other tightly. After a long hug, Taehyung walked Rosé to her room telling her to go to sleep. He too came back to his room and went off to sleep.

°°°

Next morning, the fourth day of their trip, they all woke up to the same situation - roads blocked and snowfall, but the snowfall was light now. Though none of the students where in a mood to eat after whatever happened last day, the teachers asked the hotel to cook something for them. And the teachers new well enough not to ask the students to do their own cooking anymore.

Taehyung, Jisoo, Jungkook and Jennie were sitting together in the lawn of the hotel, though it was freezing, it felt good to be outside. When they had gone to call Rosé, she had said that she would like to stay in her room for the day and the others of course didn't force her.

The four of them decided to take a walk to the forest. They just wanted to escape the same conversations of three of their friend's tragic-suspicious deaths. It wasn't easy for them to answer all types of questions which were being shot at them.

Though the layer of snow on the ground was thick, it wasn't really difficult for them to walk on it. They took a silent walk towards the forest. It was awfully calm, but it wasn't as silent as their hearts. They sat on the snow resting their backs on the woods surrounding them, not caring that their coats and sweaters will get wet.

The pleasant sound of birds chirping, sudden gusts of wind hitting their faces, and the light snowfall - they felt they were in heaven. Suddenly a heap of snow fell on Taehyung from the tree he was sitting near and he let out a scream, getting startled by the sudden attack.

The three of them couldn't help but break into soft laughters. Taehyung too joined them, laughing, feeling silly for screaming.

After the short laughter died, Jisoo let out a sigh and said -
"Everything happened too fast. None of it makes sense. It's so weird." She said the last part softly, feeling tears gather in her eyes.

"First Lisa, then Yoongi and Jimin and then Hoseok. Why does it have to be us?" Jennie said.

"What else can we do except accepting the bitter truth? If everything is supposed to happen for a reason, then maybe these also had their reasons." Jungkook paused for a while, taking a deep breath. "And I am so desperate to know the reason." He said his voice a bit shaky.

Taehyung softly started singing, a song which he was probably making up then and there.

"Everything just changes so fast
People who were close, go far.
It's really had to believe that we have
Changed so much.
It's not about the love,
It's not about the friendship,
It's not about how much time we spend
It's just 'bout never truly leaving."

He ended with a tear leaving his eye.

"Your songs says it Taehyung. They didn't leave us, they will always be in our hearts. Always." Jisoo said looking up at the sky, letting soft snowflakes touch her face.

"You know, maybe I have been with you guys for just a few months, but it feels like I have been with you people since the first year. It feels like I know you all too well. And then I end up losing four of you." Jennie said putting a hand over her heart, as if it would stop her pain.

Taehyung suddenly stood up and reached a hand towards Jungkook, who took it and stood up. Then Taehyung pulled Jungkook towards Jisoo and Jennie and made them stand up too.

"Let's not break our friendship even if we die. We should all meet together if we all die." Taehyung said and brought them in a warm group hug.

They all chuckled lightly at Taehyung's thought and hugged until their hearts felt a little warm. After that they made their way back to the hotel.

¤ ¤ ¤

Word Count : 1370