S E V E N T E E N

"The snow storm has been going on for three days now. According to the weather forcast, the snow storm will start in the evening today but is likely to stop by midnight as the depression is clearing out gradually. The corporations are going to start clearing the roads from tomorrow morning."

"Due to the road blocks a lot of problems have arrised among which a very suspicious case has occurred in the hill station. Sources are guessing there might have been a murder of a student in the hotel of that hill station. But there is no confirmation about the murder since the police along with the hotel staff refuses to share any information for the time being. The roads being blocked, the police is unable to reach the hotel. Updates will be given once the roads are cleared.

Moving on to the Government taking charge of-" All the students were gathered in the reception hall of the hotel in the morning of their sixth day of the trip. The news was satisfying to hear as they felt a relief, that the police would finally be there to protect them.

Every student was traumatized from all the happenings of the trip and all they wanted was to go home as soon as possible. Now, hearing the news all of them felt a lot better and less gloomy.

This time Taehyung, Jisoo, Jennie and Jungkook just didn't sit around and pass the time mourning the death of their friends. This time they decided to give some thought about all the happenings and decided to find a connection between them.

After lunch, they didn't want to be disturbed so they just went to Jennie and Jisoo's room.

"Shall we start?" Jisoo asked looking at the pens and papers in front of them incase they needed to note things down.

The three of nodded. A sound could be heard as they all took a deep breath and exhaled almost together.

"So first Lisa." Jungkook said writing Lisa's name on his paper.

"She was poisoned on Yoongi's birthday." Jisoo added.

"Yes. Cyanide." Taehyung said.

Jungkook wrote done these in pointers.

"Okay. Next Yoongi and Jimin." Jisoo wrote Yoongi's name, while Taehyung wrote Jimin's name.

"Both in a car crash." Jennie added.

"The brake had been removed." Jungkook said.

Jisoo and Taehyung noted that done.

"And next Hoseok." Jennie said writing his name down.

"Uhm how do you even describe it?" Jisoo asked shaking her head not wanting Hoseok's body to show up in front of her eyes.

They all held an unexplainable expression. Finally Taehyung spoke in a stuttering manner.

"Sl-slit t-throat." And Jennie wrote it down.

"We know nothing more about it." Jennie said.

"Only if one of us had accompanied Hoseok maybe he would still be alive." Jungkook said staring blankly at his paper.

Now they were all staring at the papers in their hands trying to figure something out.

"Should we consider Rosé too?" Jisoo asked looking at them.

"But Rosé's one was a suicide, wasn't it?" Taehyung said, his expression dull.

There was a silence in the group. Though they had considered that Rosé's death might not have been a suicide, but still they had convinced themselves to believe that it was a suicide and suicide only.

But now when they were actually trying to solve this thing, they knew they had to face whatever their mind could think of.

"If we consider that Rosé's death wasn't a suicide then how did she die?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes! Because the whole day she didn't come out of her room." Jennie said.

"And it was only us four who were allowed to enter her room." Jungkook added.

"I guess I was the last one who checked on her. I went to her room to see if she had her dinner." Jisoo said.

"No, I and Taehyung went to her room last." Jungkook said.

"Yeah. She had a headache, so we gave her some medicine and after that we left only after we saw her laying down to sleep." Taehyung said.

"Well, did she say anything? Anything that might mean something else?" Jennie asked, eagerly looking at the two boys.

Both the boys looked at each other, as if they were trying to put their recalling energy together to get anything at all.

"She did thank us a lot of time and told how the four of us were taking care of her..." Taehyung trailed off trying to recall more.

"She said something more." Jungkook said, his eyes widening at his thought.

"Sh-she said she didn't wa-want to be a burden to us." He completed looking at each one of them, they held the same expression as Jungkook. Eyes wide, realization strucking them.

"Then didn't you tell her anything?! Didn't you say that she was not a burden?? Why didn't you talk to her properly??" Jennie was literally shouting on Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Jen calm down!" Jisoo said trying to make Jennie sit back down.

"We did Jen! We did!" Taehyung said his voice rising but his voice broke in the process as tears threatened to leave his eyes.

Jennie who had stood up while shouting, dropped her self on the bed, on the verge of crying.

"We did whatever we could. How were we supposed to know?" Jungkook said softly his head hung low.

There was a silence in a room and soft sniffles were heard from them.

"Remember her letter?" Jisoo said looking at them. "This is what she asked us not to do."

The three of them looked up at Jisoo.

"She asked us not to blame ourselves and we are doing just that. Can't we grant her, her last wish? Please?" Jisoo said trying her best not to break down too.

They all nodded slowly, understanding that what is done is done. They can't change anything.

After sometime they tried searching for connections between the deaths, but they got absolutely nothing. They felt like they were stuck in a loop, going through the same details again and again but finding no solution.

Giving up at last, they decided to try and get some sleep. At least tomorrow they can all go home after the roads get cleared. And as per as the news the storm hadn't stopped completely, but had decreased quite a lot. And it seemed that it might stop at midnight.

Taehyung and Jungkook left Jisoo and Jennie's room, and went to their own to get some sleep too.

¤ ¤ ¤

Word Count : 1086