T W E N T Y T W O

It was almost four thirty in the morning. Jennie and Jisoo were in their room sleeping. It was the seventh, or the last day of the so-called-trip. Today, just after an hour or so the corporation workers would start clearing the snow and they will go home.

Jennie and Jisoo had no idea of what was happening with Taehyung and Jungkook. They knew they were also asleep in their room.

Jennie was in deep sleep when her phone started ringing. It took her some time to realize what the sound was. She reached her hand towards the side table and grabbed her phone. She just accepted the call and put the phone to her ear. Eyes still shut.

"Hello?" She said half asleep.

"Hello! Jennie? It's me Jungkook! I-I need your help! Jennie! He-hello?"

Jennie immediately sat up hearing Jungkook's terrified voice from the other end.

"Hello? Jungkook? What happened? Hello?"

"Je-Jennie! So-someone is following me! You need to come here please! Oh my god!! Jennie please come fast-"

Jennie sprang from her bed and wore her shoes in a hurry.

"Where are you Jungkook? Where is Taehyung? Wait let me wake Jisoo up-"

"No! No no Jennie you can't. It will be more hard for the two of you to hide! It will be easier for you to hide alone. And Taehyung is safe. He was with me too, but I made him escape. Come fast Jennie!"

Jungkook spoke with a hurried and terrified voice. Jennie didn't think much about it because she was tensed listening to Jungkook like that.

"Okay okay I am on my way." Jennie said and ran towards the door. In a hurry she shut the door way too loudly making Jisoo wake up.

"Jennie? Where-?" Jisoo was going to ask Jennie but she had already left. Jisoo got up to follow her but she forgot to wear her shoes. So she came back near her bed to wear them.

On the other hand Jennie was still on call with Jungkook, and she was running towards the forest as directed by him.

"Wh-where are you Jungkook I can't see you!" Jennie panted, looking here and there for any sign of Jungkook.

"Jennie you need to be very careful. Nobody should be able to spot you. I don't want you to die for me." He said, voice filled with concern.

"Not yet." He subtly added at the end with a smirk, but Jennie didn't hear it.

"Okay. I am trying my best to be behind the trees as much as I can."

Jennie was already in the forest. Taking careful steps not to make too much noise though the place was covered in snow. She was shivering as she walked and was cursing herself for forgetting to wear a jacket.

"Jungkook where are you?" Jennie asked when she was quite deep in the forest.

There was a silence on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Here I am." She heard Jungkook's voice from behind her and was going to turn.

But before she could turn, Jungkook put the black cloth bag over Jennie's head and pulled Jennie's back towards his chest, straddling her neck with his arm.

Jennie screamed.
"Wh-what is happening? Help! Help!"

Jennie's scream came to a hault when she heard Jungkook's hysterical laugh.

"Hahaha... You think people can hear you here? Hahaha. Oh Jen I thought you were a scholar."

Jennie was struggling to get out of Jungkook's grip. But Jungkook was of course a lot stronger than Jennie.

Jennie reached her hand to the back to grasp Jungkook's face but Jungkook was quick enough to realease Jennie's neck and hold both of her hands tightly.

"Don't even try Jennie. It's not gonna help."

"What is wrong with you?! What are you doing?"

Jungkook turned Jennie around and pushed her on the ground. He stood over Jennie and crouched down.

He held both of Jennie's hand with one hand and grapsed her neck with the other. Jennie tried hard wriggling out of his grip, but it was of no use.

Jungkook pulled off the black cloth over Jennie's head. Jennie immediately opened her eyes and was shocked to see the look on Jungkook's face.

Jungkook's eyes weren't the ones she had seen these past months. They were completely different. They held a cold, angry and a weird look which Jennie couldn't identify. She was so terrified she couldn't utter a word.

"What happened to all the screaming huh? Got scared? Well you won't be scared for long. Since you're gonna die. Hahaha."

Jungkook still held quite a tight grip on Jennie's throat and was crouching over her so she couldn't move.

Jennie came back to her senses and spoke in a troubled way.

"W-what are you doing? Why are you doing this?" She spoke struggling a little.

"You see just to tell you why, I haven't tightened my grip to the last extent. Otherwise you would've died long back."

Jennie had no idea what Jungkook was telling. Somewhere she was still thinking if it was some kind of prank.

"J-Jungkook why are you doing this? Aren't you in trouble?" Jennie asked again trying to push Jungkook off her and get out of his grip, but evidently failing.

"No Jennie. Of course not. Why would 'I' be in trouble. I am the one who is doing all this!"

"W-what?"

"Shut up and just listen to me. You shouldn't have hurt Taehyung like that! You messed with his mind! That one single joke ruined his first year of college! You think you can get away with that? No Jennie. Not until I am alive. I won't let anyone hurt Taehyung anymore, no matter what measures I have to go through for that. Goodbye Jennie."

Jungkook tightened the grip on Jennie's throat. He realized Jennie's hand and used both of his hands to strangle her.
Jennie grasped Jungkook's hand with her now free hands, trying to pull them off.

Jungkook applied more force, slowly blocking the air for Jennie.

"JENNIE!!!"

A voice cried from behind them, startling Jungkook a bit.

Jungkook whipped his head back and his eyes widened to see the person standing a little far from them.

¤ ¤ ¤

Word Count : 1042