E I G H T

It had been over a month since Lisa's death. The once group of nine people, now dearly felt the absence of a member. It was hard for them to overcome Lisa's death that had occured right in front of their eyes while they were just standing there unable to do anything for her.

But again everything heals with time, and life doesn't really give you much time to mourn. The group had their exams nearing and in a way it helped them to get over the thoughts of Lisa.

After all, they knew that thinking about Lisa and feeling guilty of not being able to do anything wouldn't bring her back.

°°°

The final exam of their first semester ended in the last week of November. That meant in one week they would have their winter break. And winter break also meant the last college trip of their life. Their last college trip without one of their best friend.

Their senior year college trips were unique. The students would be taken to a hill station for an entire week and they would have to do everything on their on, starting from washing their own clothes, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. It was like preparing the students for living independently after college.

Their trip was scheduled for the second week of December, knowing the students will get to enjoy the snowfall.

The day of their trip had finally come. The senior year batch had taken a bus for the trip except one person, that was Min Yoongi.

Yoongi didn't take the bus but he took his car to show off his wealth as if people didn't already know he was rich. Since it was the last year the teacher didn't want any trouble. He allowed Yoongi to take his car, being well aware of the family Yoongi belonged to. Yes, Yoongi always happily used his family power to mend the little rules of the college. He said there should be some advantage of coming from such a rich family.

Jimin wanted to go in Yoongi's car but their teacher didn't allow him. So he went back sitting with his friends.

Compared to the temperature of the city, it was freezing cold on the hills. They literally had to be covered in woolen clothes from head to toe to keep them from freezing.

Each student were given individual rooms which according to the teachers would help them learn to stay alone in the future without any difficulties.

The eight friends had managed to get the rooms all in one corridor so that they wouldn't have to run around the entire hotel trying to bring everyone together.

The first day when they reached the hotel it was already evening. The staff of the hotel showed the students around telling them what was where and giving them every detail of the hotel. That day, the hotel itself had served them dinner but from the next day they would have to do everything from the starch. All the students were very tired after the long journey so right after dinner they all went to bed. They were told to be in the reception hall next morning at 7am sharp.

In the morning all the students came down and gathered in the reception hall. The outside was glistening, with the sun shining on the snow covered trees and roofs.

"Good morning students. As you all know we have to do everything on our own and not a single staff is going to help us. We will divide each of you into groups and each group will do a particular job." The teacher explained.

"The first thing we need right now is grocery shopping. There is a store at the foot of the hill from where we have to do our shopping. So any body who wants to volunteer?" He asked waiting for the students to reply.

Jennie leaned towards Hoseok and whispered:
"Hey let's tell Yoongi's name. First of all he brought a car and we know he hates shopping so it would be nice to tease him a bit don't you think?"

Jungkook smirked hearing Jennie's idea and Hoseok gave Jennie a smug look and nodded.
"Uh excuse me Sir! I think Yoongi should do the shopping." Hoseok said.

"What? Why?" Yoongi snapped his head towards Hoseok, looking at him in disbelief.

"Sir he is the only one who brought his car and don't you think he should utilize it to help us?" Hoseok said innocently.

Jungkook and the others were all trying to supress their laughes seeing Yoongi stare blankly at Hoseok.

"Yes indeed! That's a very good idea. Yoongi you are going to take the responsibility of shopping." Their teacher said.

"But Sir-" Yoongi tried to say something but was cut off.

"Okay so onto the next jobs..." the teacher continued to allot different jobs to different students. After he was done he handed Yoongi a grocery list and told him to go immediately.

Yoongi shrugged and glared at his group of friends who had so successfully betrayed him. He got in his car and drove in speed going down the slope enjoying the beautiful snow covered forest on both sides. The road turned out to be quite long and after approximately fifteen minutes, from a distance he could see the white two storied mart. Yoongi decreased his speed nearing the mart. He noticed that the parking area was a bit unique one. To go to the parking lot you would have to drive through a huge gate on the left side of the mart. Then you would come to an opening behind the mart which was used for parking.

He returned to the hotel with all the things and the students alloted for cooking immediately got ready to make breakfast.

After breakfast the students were asked to get ready for the first day of their trip.

All of the students gathered in the reception hall. Their teachers briefed them on the plan for the day. At first they would go to the famous museum in the area which held the artifacts of a war that had taken place there hundreds of years ago. And then they would visit a local school where the students were given free of cost education. They would spend some time with the kids and distribute the little supplies their college had arranged for the children of that school. And then they would come back to their hotel and spend the evening by the bonfire that the hotel would arrange.

¤ ¤ ¤

Word Count : 1091