Angst/Fluff ;; Grief

tw: depression, attempted suicide :(

Blood splattered on the ground, dark red coating the rough gravel. "Qiu!" Chongyun turned around, eyes filled with despair as his beloved, Xingqiu, fell to the ground, wincing in pain. A large blade, blue and grey shades of color, crashed down on Xingqiu from above. Chongyun's blade.

Xingqiu's eyes widened, his vision blurry despite his desperate attempt to see his lover once more. The devastated, icy blue haired male swiftly approached the other, holding him in his arms. "Qiu... Qiu... This is a stupid prank y'know!" All he got in response was a saddened smile, and a bloodied hand reaching to Chongyun's cheek, caressing it. 

"You- You can't leave me! I'm sorry, Xingqiu, I am so so sorry." His voice cracking, hoarse and deep. Chongyun's grip on his lover's hand tightened, the temperature around the two dropping, cold air almost suffocating.

Both of them stayed by eachothers side in silence, Xingqiu's breaths haggard, slowly dying down. "Chongyun, remember, none of this is your fault okay? It's really just a simple accident, that's all." The male at death's door did his best to smile, though it was uneven and disheartened.

"No... No no no! This is my fault Qiu! I- I killed you! You're- You're dying!" Chongyun's voice climbed in pitch, cracking as he spoke his final words to his partner.

And Xingqiu was gone.

Chongyun tried to speak clearly, wanting to beg for his best friend and boyfriend back, but his voice only faltered as he did. He held Xingqiu in his arms, blood pooling around them.

The sorrowful male sat in silence for hours, his cries quiet as wet streams fell down his cheeks. Soon, as the sun set, travellers came by, seeing the pool of blood they ran over, comforting the weeping boy. Chongyun held Xingqiu is his arms, walking along with the travellers toward Wangshu Inn.

Days later, a funeral was held outside Wangshu Inn. Xingqiu's grave was placed beside the silk flowers, it standing tall for all to see. Many all over Teyvat attended, the atmosphere thick and heavy. Chongyun stood in the back, his heart weighing what seemed to be millions of pounds. His throat was dry, and tears no longer seemed to flow out from his icy blue, dull eyes.

Several people came to comfort Chongyun, though their words only came out in a blur. One thing in particular stood out to him though, "you'll see him in the afterlife." What if, he just went on and saw him now? A smile formed on Chongyun's lips.

Once people had left, it was just him and Xingqiu. He sat beside the grave, smiling softly at the picture beside him. "Xingqiu... I'll be with you once again, and we can live on together." He spoke softly at the picture before laying down beside the gray stone, decorated with silk flowers and blown out candles.

Chongyun stared at the night sky, peacefully gazing up at it. Until he felt wetness at his eyes. Was he crying? He sat up, tears streaming down his face. "Qiu... Please I miss you so much.  Come back. I'm sorry." The crying boy apologized over and over, as if it'd make Xingqiu come back. But in reality, nothing could, he was gone.

Chongyun took out his own sword, the one he killed his best friend with. He held it above him, planning to make it fall on top of him just as it plummeted down onto Xingqiu, killing him.

He glanced over back at Xingqiu's portrait, tears still streaming down his face. "I can't do it." He dropped his sword down. Frustration grew inside him, he was angered with himself. Archons, what a coward. How can you call yourself Xingqiu's lover if you can't even die for him?

Though, Chongyun knew how upset the other would be with him if he followed him into the afterlife so soon.

He didn't do it. He couldn't.

Days went on, Chongyun shut himself off from the world, except the times he visited Xingqiu's grave. He refused to go out, everything around him reminded Chongyun of Xingqiu. The scent of Silk Flowers in the air, just like how Xingqiu smelt when they cuddled or kissed. The colors, navy blue, gold, black, anything Xingqiu wore, he couldn't stand. Everything, everything reminded him of Xingqiu. Oh how it hurt.

Chongyun visited Xingqiu's grave often, talking with him. But really, it was just Chongyun's mind playing Xingqiu's words in his head, over and over.

Finally, Chongyun had gone out to see Ningguang, who was like a second parental figure to Xingqiu. Ningguang had been constantly pestering him about how he had to leave his place eventually. After much convincing, he went to see her.

They decided to meet at Wangshu Inn, at the tables. Ningguang was earlier than Chongyun, already seated and food placed out neatly as her hands folded in her lap.

"Hello, Chongyun." Ningguang always spoke formally, just like Xingqiu.

Chongyun took a seat, waving at her in response. Under his eyes were dark circles, and his eyes were dull.

"Look, Chongyun, you have to move on."

"Excuse m-" The blue haired male was interrupted before he finished.

"I'm not saying forget. Don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here. Move on, don't forget. Keep him in your heart, Yun, you have to get on with your life. He'd want you to move on." Ningguang spoke, sitting tall, she reminded him of Xingqiu so much. The two had many similarities, which made them have such a close wholesome connection to eachother.

Chongyun sat in silence, processing her words bit by bit. He had to admit, Xingqiu would want him to continue on with life wouldn't he? He opened his mouth to speak, but was only shushed in return.

"That's all I wanted to say, Chongyun, I hope you continue to push forward, many miss seeing you."

Ningguang stood up, placing Mora on the table before leaving. She never was much of a fan of small talk.

As time went on, Chongyun learned to move on. He kept a portrait of Xingqiu with him at all times, occasionally visiting his grave and telling him of his adventures with their friends.

One day, Chongyun passed on as well, him being able to see his sweet Xingqiu once again.

<3

it was kinda mixed up and rushed, but yK- another chapter coming up after this probably tomorrow!! perhaps today?
ALSOOOO
almost 17k woah- tysm!! mwah mwah :D