Fluff ;; Long Distance Relationship

Chongyun mindlessly scrolled through the wholesome posts that lit up his screen, pressing the arrow button to send it to his lover, Xingqiu. the two of them had been together for a few months, Xingqiu had gone to the united states to attend a prestigious university, while Chongyun stayed behind, resulting in decently big timezone differences. They often texted, but they didn't have much time to call. at times Chongyun felt it wasn't enough.

Chongyun was all about verbal and physical affection, but what he received from their long distance relationship was barely enough to satisfy his needs. The male was currently awake at 12:16 in the morning, showering his lover with compliments for him to wake up to, he often did this to distract himself from the lack of affection he felt. He felt that if he showed an almost overwhelming amount of love, He would receive the same in return someday, in person.

His eyes felt heavy, eyelids slowly falling to a close, numbers on his alarm clock flashing red, 1:28. Sun rays peeked through the small crack between the beige and teal curtains, awakening the male from his slumber. Eyes opening, just barely, blurs of colour appeared. Sitting up slowly, he streched, a small grunt erupting from his soft, pink lips. He looked over at his clock, "ah, it's only 6:34?" Chongyun was usually not much of a morning person, but whenever he woke up, he was up.

The sleepy boy groggily reached over to grab his phone, smiling when his lovers name sat in his notifications along with others. Placing his thumb on the screen, it unlocked, his previous app opened up on it. Gently tapping on the notifications from Xingqiu, he smiled.

"good morning yun <3"

Along with the message, every single post he sent to xingqiu had a small red heart on the bottom left corner. He was glad that xingqiu appreciated it. Oh how he wished he could give him his love in person, and receive the same in return.

The two spoke for a few hours, having a conversation about how they've been doing, and Xingqiu scolding Chongyun for the small amount of sleep he had gotten the previous night. Soon, they got to the topic of their future. They spoke of meeting up sometime soon, and of course, this gave chongyun the feeling of butterflies in his stomach. He missed him dearly, he longed to kiss him once more, or to be smothered in his sweet Silk Flower scent.

Xingqiu suggested that they should call, considering the last time they called was a little while ago. So that's exactly what they did. Chongyun complained about missing Xingqiu, while Xingqiu could only try and comfort him by promising to see him again soon. The couple spoke about the randomest things, they even just sat in silence making faces at eachother.

"Yun yun! Have you gotten taller?" He questioned, navy blue strands of hair framing his small face as he smiled brightly at his lover. Chongyun admired his adorable face, how it was so small and cute, and how despite his hair was unevenly cut, it suit him.

"Hm, don't think so? Or perhaps a little..." After Xingqiu brought Chongyun's growth to his attention, he then began to notice Xingqiu's small changes in appearance. How his eye shape seemed to be sharper, more serious and mature. And how his voice seemed to deepen in the slightest bit.

"You might even be taller than me now!" He giggled softly, Xingqiu always brought up their height differences, though he was hardly taller than the other. In fact, it was barely noticable.

"Come here then, let's compare heights." Chongyun joked, but he truly wished he was here.

"Sure, this weekend?"

"Just ki- what?" Chongyun asked, mouth shaped into a circular shape, a small gasp escaping.

"I just happen to have the money and the time, I'll be there."

"What?" he sat there in shock, staring at his screen that showed xingqiu smiling. A few moments later, Chongyun continued on with their conversation, speaking of Xingqiu's experience in America.

"WAIT YOU'RE COMING HERE‐" Chongyun suddenly blurted out, the realization had just hit him. Xingqiu bursted out laughing, he was wondering why Chongyun wasn't reacting earlier. this was incredibly amusing to Xingqiu, his lover was so cute wasn't he?

Xingqiu continuously had to reassure Chongyun of his trip to visit him, though he didn't mind. The two of them were very excited to see eachother. The remaining bit of their call was just them talking about the things they'd do when they see eachother.

The following weekend, Chongyun restlessly awaited for his lover's arrival in the airport. Soon, he spotted a navy blue haired, short male in the distance. After winning a mental war on if he should go to him or wait he finally ran over to him. tapping on his shoulder, he smiled, "Qiu!"

An older girl turned around, staring in confusion at chongyun. "Oh. You are not xingqiu." He shriveled up in embarrassment, red flushing his face. His stomach churned intensely, a sudden urge to throw up flooded over him. He was incredibly introverted already, and something like this happens? Oh no. Here it came, the vomit.

Suddenly, someone gently grabbed his hand. Chongyun whipped his head to the side to see Xingqiu. "Oh thank goodness! I had the most embarrassing experience just now!" He instantly felt calm. Chongyun almost cried telling his lover of what had happened.

"Um, I'm still here."

"Yes, now go." Xingqiu asked not-so-nicely, smiling innocently.

The two resumed their reunion, standing there hugging and just admiring their features in person.

"Oh yeah, you're taller now huh?" Xingqiu said, laughing.

"Guess so." Chongyun replied, looking down at Xingqiu while holding him close.

"Let's go now?" Xingqiu asked, hand fitting perfectly in the other's hand as they walked to chongyun's vehicle. The two got in, speaking about whatever they could as they drove to a local park. Both of them laid on the grass, hands interlocked with eachother as the stared up at the sky.

"Archons, I missed you." Chongyun said, glad to be in the warm embrace of his partner.

"I missed you too yun, I love you."

"I love you too." The lack of affection chongyun felt in his heart no longer lingered there. Even though xingqiu would have to return to America at the end of the weekend, he knew they'd be together afterward when xingqiu finished his education. The love he received now in this moment was enough to last until the next time he'd get to hold him in his arms.

<3