Angst/Fluff ;; "Straight Boy"

Xingqiu winced in pain, holding his hand up to his reddened cheek after being slapped across the face from none other than his own father. "You're such a disgrace to this family. No one in this god forsaken house will be one of those damn homosexuals! Why can't you just be a normal, straight boy? You will marry a respected female, and you will forget of this Chongyun boy, understood?" Xingqiu faced toward his father, nodding as tears brimmed the corners of his eyes.

Earlier, Xingqiu had planned to tell his father of his feelings for his best friend Chongyun, and how he truly had no interest in marrying a female. Especially considering how Chongyun was a well-known exorcist, Xingqiu didn't think his father would mind as long as the other had a high status and was well off with money. And so, after gathering the courage, he approached his father taking in deep breaths.

"Father, may I have a moment?" He requested, standing tall.

"Ah Xingqiu, yes, but make it quick will you?"

"I‐ I don't like girls. I like boys. In fact, I love Chongyun, he was born into a respected family so‐"

Slap.

And that's what happened, leaving Xingqiu in tears in his room, sobbing into a pillow softly, muffling his cries.

He skipped dinner, locking himself in his room as he sobbed into his pillow. He barely moved at all, except for when he shifted from his position into another, to cry into his knees. After a while, tears no longer seemed to pour from his eyes, dry streams of water running from his eyes to the bottom of his chin.

The following day, the sound of an alarm woke Xingqiu, blaring in his ears before reaching his hand out to silence the ringing sound. He sat up, hair a mess, though it was not just his hair that seemed to be a mess, his face as well. Dark circles formed underneath his eyes, along with being puffy. The saddened male staggered to his bathroom, washing his face, though it didn't seem to hide the fact that he was up until 3:30 in the morning weeping.

After the male prepared himself for school, he stood outside his house door waiting for Chongyun.

"You will forget of this Chongyun boy, understood?"

His father's voice echoed in his head, it unbearably loud and irritable. He took in a shaky breath. He can't face Chongyun, he can't bear to see that perfect face, and those soft lips that he could never capture with his own.

Xingqiu walked to school alone.

He arrived later than he usually would, Xingqiu often got caught up in the scenery on his way to school, Chongyun was always there to remind him to keep walking though. But not this time.

Xingqiu walked slowly to his desk, accidentally meeting eyes with icy blue ones. Chongyun looked at the boy confused, wanting to question why he left without him. "I didn't want to walk alone! I wanted to walk with you!" Was what Xingqiu desperately wished to say, but the words just wouldn't roll off his tongue. He kept walking.

The male sat quietly, despite his attempt at paying attention to the lecture, his mind only wandered around Chongyun and the words of his father.

Ringing was heard all around the school, signaling the end of their misery. Mostly everyone got up immediately, all of them already packed up several minutes before the bell. Xingqiu packed his bags slowly, mind still trapped in a daze.

"—re were you?"

A familiar voice snapped him out of his never-ending thoughts. Xingqiu looked up to see Chongyun, he clenching his teeth. He couldn't see him. The navy blue haired male got up swiftly, walking away from his crush. How was he going to lose feelings if he kept seeing such a beautiful face everyday?

Xingqiu speed-walked out of the classroom, ignoring the several calls out to him from the light blue haired male behind him. "Archons, Chongyun, just leave." He mumbled underneath his breath. Truly, he wished to speak to his dearest friend and crush again, but he couldn't. He can't go against his father's words. Xingqiu already felt like a huge disappointment to his father, he couldn't make him more upset with him.

Chongyun caught up with Xingqiu, gripping his hand tightly. They stood behind a staircase, halls almost completely empty as they were all in their classes. "Qiu, why are you ignoring me? Talk to me. Did I do something wrong?" Questions were fired at Xingqiu immediately, Archons, Xingqiu felt so guilty.

He turned around for his body to face Chongyun, staring down as his feet.

"Qiu, what's wrong?"

His knees felt weak, and tears gathered in the corners of his eyes. Chongyun lifted his head up, left hand on his shoulder while his right held up his head by his chin. Xingqiu struggled to see his best friend, the tears blurring his vision.

"Archons... I love you Chongyun. I love you so damn much‐ is that so wrong?" Xingqiu stood there, tense as he clenched his hands into fists tightly. The other froze, shocked, before his icy blue eyes softened at the words.

"No, no no no, there's nothing wrong with it Qiu." Chongyun moved his left hand to his cheek, wiping away the tears before continuing his words,

"Xingqiu, I love you too."

Before they could continue their heartfelt conversation, they were interrupted by Mr. Zhongli who towered above them, scolding them for skipping class.

When school ended, Xingqiu went over to Chongyun's, and the two figured the situation out with Xingqiu's unsupportive father. Many hugs and kisses were exchanged.

um yeah i dunno how to end this tbh :'D
thinking of starting a new book soon? possibly will update with a few more chapters and i'll begin an angst story of the two ;D
if you haven't noticed, i am a very unmotivated human being, therefore,
✨ slow updates ✨
bear with me please 😭👍
ily all :D