Chapter 1: You Belong With Me ✨

Disclaimer: Be Aware that this chapter has multiple flashbacks to the past, anything that is a flashback will be in italics. Please read the header, that will tell you when and where exactly that flashback took place❗️

‼️Background‼️

You are the same age as Chris, in this book you are both 30 years old, it's the year 2012, so whenever it says present time, it's still the year 2012.

Chris and you attended the same high school in Boston, fell in love at 18 and spent every day together since. You guys went from cramming in homework one period before it was due, attending pep rallies, making out under the bleachers and homecoming dances to moving full time to NY, where you studied at NYU and Chris began his career as an actor.

  You went on every vacation with the Evans family, supported Chris through his acting journey and left your family and friends when you moved with him to NYC after you both graduated high school. You guys got married, and were happy. Until Chris's work got in the way...

You painfully called it quits after being together for ten years and moved back home to Boston, to live with your mom, until you met a man who made you feel a certain way Dr. Jonathan Reed, a neurosurgeon. Chris continued to film for projects back in, LA.

Right now you were out exploring your hometown, by yourself because me time was very important to you. When a familiar voice called your name...

..................
Chapter One: You Belong With Me
...............

"Y/n?"

I turned around to find a sweet and kind soul, an old friend and former brother in law, Scott Evans.

"Scott?!"

"It is you! Oh my god honey! How are you?"

Scott and I walked towards on another, giving a warm hug. It was December time, and Christmas decorations hung everywhere. The cold brisk air definitely made me shiver.

"I-I'm great! Um, you're back in town?" I asked. Knowing the answer, and if the younger Evans was in town, that only meant one thing..

"Yeah! For the holidays and all that." Scott kept staring at me, sad I haven't kept in touch. "I'm sorry it's just I haven't seen you in like three years."

"I-I know, I'm sorry I haven't reached out, it's just with my new job and Um, yeah I've just been keeping myself busy." I nodded, gulping down the anxiety that erupted inside with only the thought of Chris being back in Boston.

"I heard about the engagement! Congrats Y/n!" Scott motioned the hand where my ring was.

"Thank you Scott." As we both exchanged awkward smiles he received a text message.

"Well it was great seeing you! Gorgeous as ever!" He hugged me again. "So you'll be around?"

"Yes! I'm actually supposed to have brunch with a friend tomorrow and I have to do a couple of wedding things before driving down."

"And where's the wedding?" Scott asked.

I debated on telling Scott, scared he'll tell his older brother.

"It's going to be here in Boston." I smiled. "You know what Scott, I'll send you the address to the reception and you can swing by? I'd love to have you there."

"I'd be honored to, you know my mom and I miss you a lot. She always asks for you."

I played the skin around my nails, getting nervous.