Chapter 15: Exile 💨

Warnings; first chapter of this book that is very angsty and mentions of death, hospital, car accident, pregnancy loss.

This is one of my darker chapters that deals with not so happy things. Please re read the warnings list if you are uncomfortable with anything.

I should also add football inaccuracies, I know nothing! Please forgive me.

Despite it all, it has a happy ending!✨

......................
Chapter Fifteen: Exile
..............

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath, fluttering them open, "I can't marry you again, Chris."

"What?" He furrows his brows.

"Can we just....I promise I'll explain tomorrow Chris, can we just sleep?" You say, gulping down the ball of nerves in your throat.

"Yeah...okay." Chris finally answers, after not saying anything for a few seconds.

"But why not?" he continues, who can sleep when the fact and marrying his love of his life again is at stake?

"I'm such an idiot," you use your fingers to wipe under your eyes, your voice weak.

Chris turns to his side of the bed, turning the lamp on that sat on the nightstand. He sits up and looks over at you.

This was it you had to tell him the complete truth.

You sit up as well, turning your body a bit so you'd face him.

He eagerly awaits an explanation, giving you sad eyes.

"Maybe two years into our relationship...." You shake your head, "...I meant John and I'd relationship. We got drunk one night...."

Chris listens closely but doesn't like where this story is going.

• FLASHBACK: Las Vegas, NV; 2010 •

"What are we doing Jon!" You giggle drunkly. Very dizzy from running all over Las Vegas with your heels in your hand.

"Do you trust me?" A very equally drunk Jon says, holding your hand tightly.

You nod, smiling. These past two years with Jon have been amazing. You still think of Chris but he's at the back of your mind. You weren't on social media much and that was becoming popular, in order to avoid seeing news on Chris.

"I do," you smile at Jon.

His soft brown eyes and the skin around them crinkles as he smiles softly.

"I love you, Y/n. You're like no other woman I've ever met. And I know we've been together a little over two years but I've been in love with you ever since our first date. And I wanna take things a step further if you do...." The last part came out a bit breathless, almost as if he were scared of saying it.

You know what he's asking, and what he's stopped you in front of a chapel.

You think of all the reasons why this was a bad idea, your parents love Jon, Jon's family loves you, and most importantly Jon truly cares about you and takes care of you like a good boyfriend should.

And he can handle your best friend Bizzie, and only few can do that.

He's a surgeon, a great person, loves animals and rewatched your favorite movies with you no matter how many times you've seen it.

Where's the flaw?

"Yes," you breath out. Your delicate eyes sparkling at him.

"I don't wanna rush you into anything, I just thought it'd be fun and unique for us to—"