Chapter 14: Delicate 🌸

Warnings: fluffy fluff, long flashback! Half of the chapter is first person POV, second half is third person POV.

* the blurb is a demonstration of how Chris looks like when there is a flashback vs during present time which in this book is 2012-2013*

......................
Chapter Fourteen: Delicate
..............

I was shocked to see my mother who I haven't spoken since Chris crashed my almost wedding to another man.

No words were coming out of my mouth, I didn't know what to say.

Chris sprung into action, opening the door wider, allowing my mom to step inside.

"Come in, Mrs.Y/l/n."

I gave him a look as my mother walked inside awkwardly, giving a scan inside of Chris's apartment.

Chris tells me to relax with a squeeze to my hip as he curled his arm around my waist.

After my mom turned from looking at Chris's decor, she looked down at my feet at Dodger, who was sitting and titling his head at my mom.

"Ahem," she clears her throat, "And who's this?"

I didn't answer her, maybe cause I thought I was dreaming about this happening.

"Ah," Chris walks a bit away from me to crouch down near Dodger, "this is Dodger, we just got him."

My mom nods, widening her eyes at dodger with a playful smile as he licked all over Chris's face making him laugh, "okay, dodge, okay." Chris stands and arranged his shirt.

"He's really sweet and loves to play." Chris tries to keep the conversation going.

My mom nods again, looking over at me, "could we talk Y/n?"

"Why? So you could yell at me and bash me about my decisions?" I couldn't help it, I had so much anger towards her - I just needed to get that off of my chest.

"C'mon Dodge." Chris whispers as he whistles and claps his hands, making Dodger follow him back into the kitchen allowing my mom and I some alone time.

"Sweetie, please just listen to me, and then you can say whatever you need to say." She places her hand on my arm, giving me a very sincere look.

I motion for her to sit on the couch and i sit next to her as she places her bag beside her.

"Honey, first of all I want to apologize. I-I," she shakes her head breaking her gaze in my eyes, "I realized the other day I was acting just like my mom. I-I never told you this but there was one boy I fell in love with when I was in high school. My mother forbade me to see him because he wasn't at our society 'level'..."

From the little my mom has told me about my grandmother (who I've never met not even when she passed) was that she was very wealthy, my mom grew up with money and in the rich side of Boston.

"...his name was Bucky...or well that's what I would call him. His name was James, and I loved him. I'd sneak away from school to meet him at his public school down the road.." My mom was blushing, she was blushing speaking about this man.

"...the reason I am telling you this is, is because we had what you and Chris had when you guys were in school, the sneaking away, the lying to your parents about your whereabouts, making out under the bleachers, I-I— James was the one who, you know, well I gave myself to him and I know Chris was that guy for you, honey."

"Mom.." I'm a bit embarrassed because my mom and I weren't exactly that close to be talking about being a virgin, or sex, or boys.

"What? He obviously took your virginity, honey. And that's okay. Because I once was 18 too. Your Chris, is my James. And I would do anything to be able to marry him, to be able to have a family with him. Not that I regret having you, baby," she cups my cheek, "I'm side tracking again, I-I what I want to say is that, I've been unfair with you and Chris. I know you didn't love Jonathan, but I still pressured you into marrying when I shouldn't have. I should've told you that Chris was the one for you, I-I acted like my mother when I told you things to drive you away from Chris and I am sorry....could you forgive me?"