Chapter 7: The Story of Us 🥂

Disclaimer: Be Aware that this chapter has multiple flashbacks to the past, anything that is a flashback will be in italics. Please read the header, that will tell you when and where exactly that flashback took place❗️

Warnings: fluff, long flashbacks, swearing, angst.

.....................
Chapter Seven: The Story of Us
............

"I'm fucking out of here." I take a deep breath and turn to walk into Chris's room to grab my phone.

When he pulls me back, with a strong hand. It actually kind of hurt.

Minka just stands there, in satisfaction. Sucking everything I'm giving her, up.

Chris stares me down, very angry that I'm going to walk away again. All I do is stare at him back, with pain in my eyes.

He doesn't have to say anything but his facial expression tells me, "you're giving her everything she wants."

Of course, Minka wanted this reaction from me.

I roll my eyes and yank my hand out of his tight grasp. I turn to face away from him because if I look in his eyes any longer I might burst into tears.

"So, how is this gonna work, are you going to move in with me, handsome?"

"Hey!" I snap at Minka, "there's only two women who get to call him handsome, me and Lisa. That's it!"

"Okay. So when my son comes out looking just like him, I'll call him handsome, how about that?"

"Shut up! You're bluffing, I fucking know you are."

She stares at me. And I'm trying to see the lie in her eyes but I can't quiet find it.

I've dreamed of this moment of telling Chris were expecting. I just didn't think Minka would be here, or that it would be their baby.

**FLASHBACK: Los Angeles, 2003**

Chris was away all day for meetings about filming a new movie, called Cellular that is set to premiere next year, 2004.

But filming of course starts this year. And soon.

Which means I'll be alone all day by myself again.

Sometimes I go and visit Chris on set whenever he's filming for something and bring him lunch, or I'll hangout with him when he has a break.

But other than that, he's really busy, running around changing, shooting the same scene again and again, getting his makeup done, so I either stay in his trailer or I'll just go home and stay there.

Since we got married which was four years ago, my mom hasn't spoken to me since she came to talk me out of marrying Chris at 19.

Four Christmases have gone by, not one phone call from her or my dad. Four Thanksgivings - nothing. Four of my birthdays and not a single phone call.

Chris and I usually spend the holidays back in Boston with Lisa and Chris's siblings.

One time, I told Chris I was going to see if my parents would be up to talking with me- if I were to show up to their house, it was Christmas Eve, two years ago.

I knocked on their front door. I told Chris I'd be better off talking to them alone. So he wasn't there. Just me.

My mom looked through the curtains to see who it was, and immediately turned off the living room lights.