(C4)

VIVIAN GREY

I managed to make it to the edge of the bed before my legs buckled from underneath me from exhaustion. Me? The mate of a god? What type of joke was this? A cruel one, most definitely.

There must be some sort of mistake, I was a simple wolf, nothing special about me at all. Shifted at fifteen, was a normal pack member, never went out to party or dated because I was waiting for my mate. . . that and a lot of wolves didn't find me attractive. I liked to think I was single by choice.

Why would my mate like someone like me, socially awkward and all non pretty be the mate of a god? Just remembering those piercing blue eyes gazing back at me with a dark promise and those plump red lips made me question life. I shivered, and I hadn't even thought of that body that seemed god like. Oh but wait, he's a god. Silly me.

I sighed and put my face in my hands and took a breath. I wasn't going to break, I couldn't break. Not now. I needed to be strong, return to my family. I frowned. But if I did manage to escape, that would be the first place he would look, maybe even take them hostage until I gave myself up. I closed my eyes.

Why do I want to escape?

Because my mates a crazy savage that goes around kidnapping, killing and taking people without an inch of reason. I could feel my wolf push at my barrier, I let it down.

But how do you know that? Give him a chance. She argued.

Did you not see the way he acted? One second threatening me, saying he's not going to claim us but that we weren't allowed to leave. He can't keep telling us how to use our body too! I don't want that type of mate.

As much as it pained me to speak ill of my own mate, I wasn't blind to things I didn't like. No one, no matter how bad the situation should delude themselves into a better idea of life. In life, everyone was responsible for the same thing. Their own well being. And I wasn't going to neglect mine to have a moment of bliss. What type of life would I have with my mate if I did? Would he mark me at one point or keep me trapped here?

I didn't deserve that. No one did. I wanted my own romance, my own prince even if he wasn't perfect. I knew I shouldn't judge my mate based on what others said but come on! Guilty until proven innocent? The only reason I met the guy was because he had his pack-? Does he have a pack- anyway, he had them kidnap me. He wouldn't even get a trial.

What about Lily and the rest of the women? Were they alright? I shot off the bed and made my way to the door. Or I thought I did.

"Fuck you, you sexy god wolf." I mumbled under my breath as I hit my limit.

Every time I tried to get within a foot of the door it was like something heavy was tied to my leg and pulling me back, like how people felt after leg day. Like there was an invisible wall in front of me. Is this how uninvited vampires felt from the Vampire Diaries when they weren't allowed into a home? What a pain.

How could he just tell me to stay and I follow? It made me seem like a dog, next thing I know he'll tell me to go and fetch. He didn't show any hint of awareness that I knew what he told me when he switched to that weird language. But how did I know what he was saying? Was it his doing or mine? After a while, I just gave up and began to look around the large room. I ignored the door with that I had thought was the exit after staring at it for a while. Yah, no.

There was only one window from what I could tell, it was covered by long silky silver curtains, after moving the curtain I gave another curse at my mate.

Zaliver.

He had metal blinds. Like literally, metal blinds that were closed and bolted to the frame so I wouldn't try and jump out I guess. It kind of reminded me of Iron Man, but I somehow doubted that the wolf god had time to sit around and watch Tony Stark be a billionaire, playboy - whatever. I tilted my head at the strong shield like blinds. Was this here before or after I got here?