(C10)

Zaliver Azrala

I shut the door and stood behind it, my ears listening in on her moving around the bed and cursing my name out in anger. I stared blankly at the wall in front of me, not really seeing it, my mind racing with millions of thoughts.

Who knew such a small brown haired beauty could drive me crazy! While I did feel even the smallest of bits wretched, I mainly felt an odd sense of ease knowing she was trapped in my room. It was wrong, no doubt, but it felt so right. Besides, in a parallel universe, she had me chained to the bed, I wasn't blind to her lustful gazes, that and she had wandering hands when we slept but I'd never brought it up, I enjoyed it too much to make her feel self-conscious about it.

I quickly made my way to my office which was located far away from the room, but appearing in it in less than a few seconds. The door slammed with a loud bang with the force I used it shaking the room. I walked to my chair and sat on it with a sigh, I spun around to look at the window behind me, the moon high in the sky illuminating the dark and cold room.

The beast within me wanted to be let out and return to the little brown haired vixen chained to our bed. Just the remembrance of having Vivian chained to my bed made me shift in my chair, my pants suddenly feeling tight around my manhood, a dark smile making it's to my face at all the naughty images I had in my head, oh the things I wanted to do to her. We both wanted to march back up there show her who she belonged to if she had any doubt, to dominate her and sink my teeth into her silky smooth skin over and over again to set claim to her.

My mate.

Something that I had never even dreamed of being able to have in all of my years of existence, I've been around longer than the mate bond and you'd think I'd be the first to have a mate, ironic. I had watched as wolves meet their destined loved ones and then drift away into happy blissful oblivion over the years, they had the privilege to find one person to understand them, but I knew even before wolves began to mate that I had no one for me.

That I would walk the world alone for all eternity.

But then I got word from a reliable source that a mate was being created for me, the moon goddess had been nice enough to grant me one. I rolled my eyes, those bastards didn't have a nice bone in their body, and that I knew from experience. No, they were pulling out their big guns to distract and soften me up on them. Like that would ever happen after the betrayal and shit they pulled on me.

I didn't believe it, but I wasn't going to underestimate the possibility either, and then there was the small section of me that wondered what it would be like to actually have a mate, to not be trapped in a never-ending world of one night stands and loneliness that seemed to grow and pierce my chest. I sent men to look discreetly into packs for women that seemed even the slightest bit of strange to all other wolves but they would always come back empty-handed, no she-wolves with beyond normal wolf strength, speed or sight or anything that would stand out.

As the years passed I began to think she was just a myth to distract me or worse, that a lowly wolf male had mated and bonded with the mate intended for me, his scent hiding her. Even though I expected her to bring the only deception and lies with her, false promises to seduce me into forgetting my plans, I couldn't deny myself the curiosity to want to know what the great moon goddess believed would fit me best. I never spent more than a few seconds in the same room with her but from what I got from her she gave me the impression of a mischievous woman who loved to play but could be dangerous when she wanted to. She was the only one who I did not hold a grudge against, I didn't particularly like her though. While most believed I was under her, I was in a way, but in another, I wasn't.

And then I realized that if I were to create something that the enemy wanted, I would drag it out for as long as possible by keeping it on the low, visible for the eye but surrounded by distractions. Instead of sending men to ask around, I sent them to bring all women in of all ages at first, but I thought logically and managed to narrow down the ages.