(C6)

VIVIAN GREY

When I was in middle school we had a school trip where I was lucky enough to be one of the few to head over to the temples of Cambodia, those structures were no joke. They seemed to go on forever in all directions, the halls chipped and covered in vines that had grown over them, but they still stood tall yet gave a peaceful effect. If you ignored the darkness that lingered at every turn, you could enjoy the atmosphere and view.

The temples in front of me reminded me of those. And I did say temples. As in more than one.

They were positioned like the Egyptian pyramids but built like nothing I've ever seen in my life. From where I stood they looked like a mixture of different architecture, tall towers at every edge, arcs connecting each building like a bridge but in a puzzling way, there were some parts of the building of the temples that were open to the outside with no wall, as if knocked down, from what I could tell there also weren't any or many roofs but I could see a glimpse of what I thought were stairs. The outside seems to be made up of stone, rocks and even bright things. I squinted my eyes at the colorful spots that stood out.

Exotic Jewels.

This was some Hogwarts shit right here.

"Breathtaking isn't it?" Said Court next to me. I nodded in agreement, not wanting to take my eyes off the temples.

The setting sun gave it a calming look but I wasn't fooled. Usually, supernatural temples had dark stories before them, whoever the temples were intended for were of the highest of ranks but not without a price. I bit the inside of my cheek, Zaliver had three temples, how dark was his past? Even the temples the god's Fate and Mother Luna paled to these. Zaliver? Just what have you done and how strong are you? I wondered.

Luke cleared his throat making me look over at him.

"A few members of the pack will be waiting around back, a warning, Luna. Our traditions are a bit different from normal packs, so Alpha has told me to tell you to stick by his side for the remainder of the night. I can't say why, but do be cautious, those who are able to get into this pack, well, you'll see over time." The hell is that supposed to mean? As Luke finished speaking his eyes slowly leaked into a now familiar silver.

Before I could ask, a hypnotizing dark cry pierced the air, a howl with gripping power that had me and the others make our way to the beautifully dark temple that held the one responsible for the call. Already by the eagerness of my wolf I knew it was Zaliver calling for us, but it still did nothing to calm me down at what must be waiting for me.

If only I had questioned Luke on his vague warning.

As we passed the large temples I stared in wonder and then I saw them, I didn't have to make eye contact with them to see their glowing silver eyes in the darkness of the night. Almost as if I had worn a white to an all-black funeral heads turned to look at me. They were all standing around in a sort of clearing with faces that held confusion, caution, suspicion or blankness directed at me. I was clearly the odd man out even though there were all sorts of people, their eyes were all the same glowing liquid silver and mine remained boring brown. I could understand why they looked directly at me, but their alert and watchful eyes made the hairs on my arms stand up, there was something dark within those gazes.

I felt like the looks on their faces were the same one Dean Winchester had when he looked at food. Or to be more specific pie.

Head up. Don't let them intimidate you, we are the Luna of this pack. Zaliver's mate.

I gave a mental nod in appreciation and marched on like if I knew where or why I was here. There actually weren't even any wolves in their wolf shape like I thought, most were in human form standing up, yet not speaking to each other, no, they were, but through the mind link. They just stared at one another and every once in awhile would tilt their heads. It was strange.