08

"So, are you gonna tell me who he is now?"

"Yeah, I guess." Myungjun said, and sat down on the couch. He pat the cushion beside him, and Jinwoo sat down too. "He was...my ex-boyfriend. I broke up with him a month before I met you."

"Why did you break up with him?" Jinwoo wondered.

"He wasn't a good person. He tried to manipulate me into having sex with him, and physically and verbally abused me when I refused." Myungjun started.

"What the hell?! How could he hurt you like that?!" Jinwoo started to freak out. "I need to go teach him a lesson rig-"

"There's no need. Let me finish my story." Myungjun continued. "After I broke up with him, I was regretting it a lot. I didn't think I would ever find anyone to actually love me if he didn't, and especially if I wasn't ready to have sex. I felt like I wasn't worth love."

"But you were, and you still are. You deserve all the love." Jinwoo reassured. "I can say that with one-hundred-percent honesty. You'll find true love with the right person, I promise that."

I was hoping the right person would be you, but all you can think of me is your best friend who you have sex with.

I can't blame you for not liking me, though.

"But...I can't help but think...did you feel wrong about our first time together? Did you feel pressured?"

"No, I was fine about it." Myungjun shrugged. "Thank you for considering my feelings, though.'

"It's what friends are for, right?"

That's right. Friends.

~

A week later

"Jinwoo, I think it's time we call it quits..."

"Huh?"

"I think we should quit our fling now." Myungjun said. "We can stay friends, I'm sorry I just don't think it's right anymore..."

"No, no. Don't worry about it. I understand." Jinwoo nodded, and gave him a fake grin. "I agree with you. I'm glad you're finally finding someone who's good for you. That's great."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course." Jinwoo answered. "Listen, stop worrying about others and focus on yourself. I'll be fine. You need to put your needs above mine."

"Okay..."

Why am I more sad than him? I'm the one who decided to end it!

---

a/n thank you for reading have a good day bye