Age Gap? No Problem (Jenny Boyd)

Jenny is scared to tell her friends that she is dating Y/N because Y/N is twenty, ten years younger than Jenny. Prompt by @KatieJoyF2004.

Jenny sighs as she gazes over at her girlfriend of a year, Y/N Y/L/N. Y/N is fast asleep in bed beside her, an arm throw over Jenny's waist. The actress has wanted to tell her friends, Kaylee, Danielle, and Lulu, about Y/N for a while now, but has kept their relationship as secret as Y/N is ten years younger than her. Jenny is scared her friends will judge her, or worse, judge Y/N. 

Soon, Y/N begins to stir. She yawns as she opens her Y/E/C eyes and smiles lazily at Jenny. Her smile drops when she notices the frown on Jenny's face. She has always been able to read the actress like a book, and knows immediately that Jenny is worried about something.

"Jenny, what's wrong, baby?" Y/N asks as she sits up in bed. 

"I want to tell my friends about us, but I'm scared, Y/N/N," Jenny admits.

"Scared of what?" Y/N questions.

"That they won't accept us or they'll judge us because of our age gap," Jenny explains.

"Oh love. From what you have told me, your friends are very accepting people and just want you to be happy. I make you happy, right?" Y/N says, gazing lovingly into Jenny's blue eyes.

"Of course you do. I love you so much. I know you're right, I'm just scared," Jenny replies.

"I love you too, and I get it. How about this? We invite them over for a dinner this weekend and tell them then," Y/N suggests.

"That sounds perfect," Jenny nods, smiling for the first time that morning.

******

Saturday afternoon, Jenny and Y/N head to the store to grab everything they will need for the dinner. They have decides to make a meat lasagna and a veggie one as well. They grab the ingredients for those and a box of brownie mix. For drinks they grab some sodas and flavored seltzer water. 

Y/N makes the lasagnas while Jenny prepares the brownies. Once finished with the brownies, which are fairly simple, Jenny helps Y/N with the lasagnas. They place them in the oven to cook before going to get changed into some nicer clothes. Y/N puts on a light blue blouse and some white pants while Jenny chooses a yellow sundress with white polka dots. Just as they are finishing getting changed, the doorbell rings. 

"You got this, babe," Y/N assures Jenny, who nods and takes a deep breathe. Jenny walks to the door, and opens it.

"Hey guys. Come on in. There's someone I want you to meet," She smiles at her friends.

Needless to say, the dinner go very well. None of Jenny's friends have an issue with the age gap, and are just glad Jenny has found someone who makes her smile the way Y/N does. As they lay in bed that night, Y/N in Jenny's arms, Jenny is at peace. Her friends love Y/N and made Jenny promise to bring Y/N to set sometime soon. 

"I love you, baby. Goodnight," Jenny whispers.

"I love you too," Y/N yawns before she drifts of in the actress's arms. Jenny gazes down at her and just watches her sleep. She is so glad that she told her friends about them, and falls asleep with a wide smile on her face.