Chapter 3

Derek must have fallen asleep too because when he woke up the pup was snuggled in to his side sleeping peacefully. He tried to move and stand up but the pup whined in protest and yawned tiredly, "hey pup you ok?" He asked, she looked up at him and nodded  before all of a sniffing the air and sitting upright in fear. "Yeah I smell it too pup, someone's mad" Derek said before standing up, Peter stormed in with a face like thunder, "why is the mutt still here?!" Peter huffed, "she's a member of the pack now Peter" Derek responded. Molly curled back in the corner of the couch and huddled up in a tight ball whimpering quietly, causing both of them to turn and look at her "what's wrong with her?" Peter asked, "she's scared" Derek replied. Peters expression softened slightly, he crouched in front of her "you're alright little wolf I'm not gonna hurt you" he said reassuringly.

The girl peered out of her knees, her eyes glowed blue, his glowed blue back. Derek smiled, Molly got up and slowly moved towards Peter, her eyes still glowing, her tiny hands touched his face as Derek and the others watched their interaction carefully, Mollys eyes returned to normal and she looked at Peter "you're sad" she said quietly and had one hand on his cheek, he looked at her softly, she nuzzled his neck imprinting her scent and taking in his. "She likes you" Scott said with a smile, Peter stood up as the pup moved backwards slightly "we need to train her otherwise she won't be able to survive" Peter declared and sat on one of the chairs. Molly sat on the floor and leaned her head on Peters leg, he rested his hand gently on her head as the pack talked between themselves about how to train the pup.

Isaac, Ethan and Aiden entered the penthouse and sat on the couch, Isaac greeted the pup by glowing his eyes and Molly returned the greeting. "We can't get her to say much, it's like she only knows a few words" Derek said as Molly spotted a bug on the floor and stalked it, Peter picked her up by the back of her shirt and plonked her on his lap as she growled trying to get out of his grip, "you can't eat bugs little wolf" he said firmly, she huffed and gave up leaning with her back against his chest. "Hey Molly? What do you remember about your pack? The old one...before the hunters" Scott said as the whole pack looked at her. "We lived in the woods by the lake, momma used to look after us when papa and the pack went hunting" Molly said as she played with Peters hands, "was your dad an alpha?" Derek asked, she shook her head "no but alpha was sick so he couldn't hunt then the pack started fighting, then the bad men heard them and had the arrow guns" she continued and caught sight of Chris Argent who had entered the room. She growled "bad man" she grumbled, "Argent please tell me you didn't" Derek said standing up, "I told you I don't hunt anymore not like that" he said, "this the pup you found?" He asked whilst he sat down next to Scott, "yeah, you know of any packs that lived by the lake?" Scott asked, "yeah, crescent pack, we called em that because they all had a marking of a crescent moon, my family stalked them for centuries but they don't hunt people, only animals."

"Not anymore" Derek mumbled, "hunters took em out, she's the only one left. "That's not us, we made a decision to leave their pack alone as they weren't causing a danger to humans" Argent continued and peered at the pup, "check the back of her shoulder" he said, Peter gently pulled down part of her shirt and sure enough there was a small crescent marking, he nodded., "She's a crescent."