Chapter 5

Molly woke up still surrounded by the pack and a protective arm loosely wrapped round her. She snuggled further in to him snuffling quietly, Derek opened his eyes and smiled "good morning" he whispered, she smiled and put her tiny hand on the side of his face tracing his features, he watched the pup continue to strengthen her pack bond with him. The rest of the pack started to wake up and all started to get ready for school, Derek helped Molly change and then got changed himself. "Hello little wolf" Peter greeted as Molly wondered through, she sat down and noticed a bracelet, she picked it up "careful with that" Peter said protectively and swooped in to take it but Derek stopped him "watch" he said.

Molly traced the pattern "I know this" she said and concentrated "you seen one of these before?" Derek asked and sat down next to her "mama had one, she gave it to the others sometimes it helped them be calm" she said quietly before putting it down and looking at the floor." Peter sat down on the other side of her "I can smell sad" Peter said softly "when the pack got killed by the bad guys, mama smelled scared and when I ran away the woods smelled like blood but horrible" she said not looking up, Derek and Peter exchanged empathetic looks, "the horrible smell was pain, we're gonna get the hunters that hurt your parents" Derek said softly and brushed a strand of hair from her face. "You weren't meant to take me" Molly said her head tilted in deep thought, "what do you mean?" Peter asked in confusion, "mama said run north, a nice lady will help me, called Talia" she continued making both Peter and Dereks heads shoot up.

"Molly how did your mom know about Talia?" Peter asked still confused, "she said they were friends" Molly replied, "sweetheart, Talia died a long time ago" Derek said sadly. "I'm sorry" she said sadly and looked at Derek "no it's not your fault" he said "Talia is peters sister and my mom, but she's been gone a long time, technically she still found you" he said with a smile. Molly nodded and took a piece of toast and that Isaac offered her and carefully nibbled at it before realising I tasted good and quickly ate it.

"I think we should take her to Deaton let him check her over" Derek said and Peter nodded in agreement. "Molly, let's go" he said and the pup looked at him and followed nervously, Derek opened the passenger side of the car and Molly climbed in, Derek got in and switched on the engine causing her to jump and growl nervously. Derek ignored it and drove to the vet surgery and went through the back with her, "so this is her?" Deaton asked gesturing to the pup who was looking around nervously "yeah this is her, she's from the crescent pack" Derek answered. Deaton approached and Molly jumped back and hid behind Derek growling nervously, Deaton frowned. Derek took hold of her arm gently and looked at her "he just wants to check you over, make sure you have no injuries" he said firmly causing the pup to whimper and allow Deaton to approach her again.

"She's healthy, she could do with a bath and her hair brushed but nothing of concern" Deaton said, "Thankyou" Derek said then turned to leave, quickly followed by the pup .