Chapter 11

Molly was asleep when Derek arrived back at his penthouse, he lifted her into his arms to carry her inside, she whined, waking up slightly. He shushed her, rubbing her back gently and locked his car, he walked into the penthouse and was quietly greeted by Peter who gave a worried nod. He laid her down on her bed and pulled the covers over her sleeping form before leaving and leaving the door open ajar.

"Did you find her ok?" Peter asked, Derek nodded "she was scared, they overwhelmed her" he replied and took a sip of whiskey. "They're coming over tomorrow to meet her, she'll be more comfortable here" he continued before finishing the rest of his whiskey and walking to his room, he changed and quickly fell asleep.

Derek woke up the next morning to Molly asleep on the other side of his bed, cuddling her toy tightly, he smiled at the sight and got up careful to not wake her. He got showered and changed before gently waking Molly "hey" he whispered and rubbed her back causing her to whine and rub her eyes, she looked up at him and hid her face in the covers, Derek chuckled "come on you gotta get up, your dad and his family are coming to see you today" he said earning a worried look from her.

After what felt like a long battle Derek finally got Molly washed and dressed, she followed Derek nervously into the living room where Klaus and his family were sat waiting, Klaus and Rebekah were sat down, Elijah stood next to the couch. Her eyes glowed through fear and she hid under a table, Derek sighed "we're still working on control" he said and they nodded understandably. Klaus got up and crouched down by the table where Molly hid, "I'm sorry about last night, it wasn't fair to take you away from where you felt safe" he said quietly, now sitting on the floor.

"Who are they" she said quietly, Klaus looked over at his siblings, "that's Elijah, your uncle and that's Rebekah your aunt" he replied as Molly peered over at them. Klaus nodded his head at them both to come over and they hesitantly did and sat on the floor with Klaus, Molly reached out her hand and touched Eljiahs, he looked at Derek with a puzzled expression and he just nodded. She traced patterns on his skin with her finger "you smell sad" she mumbled and Elijah furrowed his eyebrows "I'm not sad-" Derek interrupted "he's not sad Molly try again" she quietly sniffed the air taking in his scent "nervous" she said and Derek smiled "there you go, you gonna come out from under the table or are we gonna have to watch you wrap these originals round your finger all day" he said.

Molly moved out from under the table and sat next to Peter who gave a small smile, everyone sat back down and made small talk, "why did she think I was scared?" Elijah asked Derek, "they smell pretty similar" he answered. Molly couldn't figure out why Peter smelled so horrible so she put her hand on his arm to figure it out, "sit down" Peter whispered to her and she tilted her head at him, she went to move her hand to his other arm and he stopped her by gently moving her away, her eyes glowed and she let out a growl "HEY" Derek scolded as the Mikaelsons watched in awe, Molly glared at Derek and growled again, he raised his eyebrow and his eyes glowed red, her eyes returned to normal and she sat down huffing.

"Well there's Nik" Rebekah said looking at her brother, Klaus chuckled, "she's a Mikaelson alright".