Chapter Twenty-Nine

GEMMA received a message from an unknown number pero kahit hindi naka-save iyon sa phone niya, alam niya kung sino iyon.

She sighed and instead of answering the message, she pressed the power button at inilapag ang phone niya sa dashboard.

She closed her eyes and pinch the bridge of her nose.

Because the truth is, she can't decide.

She can't decide if she will going to help Harley or she will pretend that she didn't know what is happening.

Because the universe knows that she knows what is damn happening.

Harley together with her adoptive father, they will going to the vault kung saan nandoon ang memory card.

But the thing is, part of her are already threatened when she learned that Harley is a descendant of the previous leader of The Empire.

She is scared that if everybody will knew.

She's will be left alone.

Again.

"Having a hard time?" Napapitlag naman ang dalaga nang biglang may magsalita.

Tumingin naman ito sa labas ng bintana ng kotse and she saw Elijah.

"What are you doing here?" She asked nang makapasok ito sa shotgun seat kahit na hindi niya ito inimbitahan na sumakay.

"I was taking a jog and I saw your car here. What's happening?" He asked at saka tumingin sa kaibigan nito.

"It was fucked up El." Gemma admitted.

"How fucked up?" Elijah asked.

"I was torn between helping or ignoring the problem." She said at saka tumingin sa lalaki. "Tell me Elijah, how will you help the person that can possibly ruin your entire plan?" She asked.

"Is this person...is your friend?" He asked and Gemma nodded as an answer.

The man laughed and shakes his head.

"Oh Sideris, you are really fucked up." He said and chuckled. "But kidding aside...you know it is a tough spot." He commented.

"You think!?" She exclaimed as she heard those answers from him. "Thank you Captain Obvious." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Chill woman, here have some water." Elijah offered.

"Papakuluan ko yang tubig na yan at ibubuhos ko sayo." Pagbabanta naman nito kaya kaagad na binawi ng binata ang hydro flask na in-offer nito.

"Overwhelming power can only give birth to sadness." He said at tumaas naman ang kilay ni Gemma sa sinabi neto as she processed what he said.

Seconds later, she can't deny that he has a point.

"Follow your heart because it always knows where will you be happy" He said then grinned.

"You know that I hate to admit that you're right." She said at saka ini-start ang makina. "Want to come with me?" She asked and that made Elijah chuckle.

"Sure, I would like to see you making a right decision." He said and with that, Gemma drove the car to the direction where Harley is possibly in.

///

*earlier that time*

⍟HARLEY⍟

Inihinto ko naman ang sasakyan sa tapat ng isang pamilyar na building, actually, we visited this establishment noong nakaraang araw.

We are in front of the hospital where I got the map of the vault.