Epilogue

Fifteen Years Later

"Xu Xinwen, where the fuck are you??? The bride is crying for fuck's sake. Come and help me console her!"

Xinwen grimaced as she recoiled from Xiaotang's shrill voice. The wedding was not meant to be this chaotic. Yu Yan made sure every single thing was planned. She chose the cuisine, the catering, the music, and the venue herself because she could not trust Shaking to do it. So far, the guests were arriving and the food, the drinks, and the music were all ready. The behind-the-scenes of the wedding, however, was a giant mess.

"Tell Shaking I'm coming," Xinwen said as she pressed the buttons on the elevator.

"You better hurry!" Xiaotang said. "My wife is apparently 'helping' her by crying along with her."

"What? Why?"

"Shaking? She wants to see her fiancé, but she's not supposed to. Shuxin? Pregnancy hormones."

"Crap! So, we've got two crying girls now?"

"Yes."

"Fuck! I'm coming. Just hold on for a little bit."

Xinwen slipped into the elevator as soon as it slid open. Right after she pressed the button for the twenty-fourth floor, her phone rang again.

"Hey, Jiaqi," Xinwen answered the phone. "Sup?"

"Yu Yan is having a Bridezilla moment."

Xinwen wished the ground would swallow her up whole instead.

"Xiai and Yuxin are hold her back for now," Kiki continued. "We send Anqi, Xueer, and Chen Jue down in our place to greet and welcome the guests."

"How long can you guys hold her back?" Xinwen asked. "Shaking is crying in the other room so I need to be there."

"We will be able to hold her back," Kiki said. "It's fine. Just console Shaking and get her ready. Send Xiaotang over to us. We need another strong hand to wrestle her."

"I NEED TO SEE MY FIANCÉ!" came Yu Yan's booming voice from the other line.

"You can't see her yet!" screamed Yuxin. "It's bad luck-"

"We need reinforcement Jiaqi!!" Xiai screamed.

"Alright gotta go! Bye!"

Just like that Jiaqi hung up on Xinwen, leaving her dumbfounded. Before she could process everything, the elevator door opened, revealing Xiaotang. She wordlessly dragged Xinwen out and stomped all the way to Shaking's hotel room.

"Oh my! Xinwen! Thank goodness you're here!" Mrs. Xie sighed in relief. "We can't seem to stop her from crying!"

Xinwen looked at where Mrs. Xie was pointing. Shaking was sniffling, trying to force her tears to go back into her eyes.

"My - sniff - tears are - sniff - pearls!" Shaking told herself as she tried to stop herself from crying.

Xinwen looked around the room. Shuxin, who was heavily pregnant, was clinging on Xiaotang's arm and crying. Keran was in a tiny corner, dying. Zihan, on the other hand, was leaning on Keran and sleeping. Xinwen sighed and then cracked her knuckles.

"Alright," she said. "Keran and Xiaotang, head to Yu Yan's room. I'll handle things here."

~

"I. WANT. TO. SEE. KEYIN!" Yu Yan raged.

After trying to hold Yu Yan back for an hour, Yuxin, Kiki, and Xiai were in a corner, terribly exhausted. Xiaotang and Keran, new victims of Yu Yan's uncontrollable Bridezilla moment, were trying to reason with her.