P22, thoughts

* I miss you so much, my sincere apologies..
what I did was wrong -non reversible, but
please forgive me for my bad mistake
I need to see you!

His text stuck in her mind. Floating on the water, the sun heating up her skin, her lower legs colder then the rest of her body because they are in the water. I dunno what to do.. unsure why she's feeling this way. Not wanting too. Does he really mean it? Almost forgetting that she was afraid of him the last time she saw him.

Surfing is more difficult that she thought, but it's fun to learn something new. Something her father was, almost, a pro in when he was younger, according to himself. Hoping he was better back then, than that he is right now. Still a bit stiff, or maybe it is his age, even though he doesn't wanna admit. He will always be better than her.

'Come on Daley, some good waves are coming!' Yelling over the skyline, waking her from her deep thoughts. Almost back driven back to shore.

Water sliding down, following the pattern of the curl, dripping down on the wooden floor behind her. The back of her shirt wet. Daley is not bothered by it, it is refreshing. Not even thinking about it, there are other things that are more important.

Watching his daughter stare at nothing, now and then taking a bite of her lunch. 'What's on your mind?' Their bond growing by the day, less arguments then they both expected. Much love for the other, but haven't been on each other's lips since before Daley left for New York.

'What?' Questioning. Looking away, waking from her thoughts. 'Nothing.' Answering the question she did heard, despite just asking. Smiling at her father.

Knowing her, the fake smile, that only lasts a couple of seconds. As his eyebrows lift he searches for her eyes. 'Don't lie now.' A sight leaves her mouth. 'You know you can talk to me.'

Nodding. 'I know.' A very open relationship, telling each other a lot. Not everything. Knowing this will make her father pissed, still wanting him to go to jail. Corona a good excuse for her not to press charges. Not sure how he's following the rules. 'Just thinking, about many stuff. The future.' Half lying.

'Ok.' Focusing back on his food. Not entirely believing her, but he'll let it rest. 'How are things with Daniel?' But right when she's about to answer, his phone rings. 'I'm sorry I have to take.' Despite the crisis he is working a lot.

Daniel.. A bit on a low pit. But alright. Missing him, despite having seen each other last week. Unable to control themselves.

And Marcus.. he's hurt her multiple times before, their characters collide, he's a cheater. Many red flags. Thinking she was over him. But hesitant, wanting to talk to him, wondering what he was thinking. What he has to say.

Her eyes on her father, chatting to the other person on the line. He will not be happy.

Smiling at the photo on his phone. She finds photo ugly, but he loves it. It may not be the most flattering photo but it's hilarious. Both dying from laughter, Daley made a snorting noise, causing them to laugh even harder.

He misses her company. He wouldn't mind be in lockdown with her, even though she is coming over now and then. Wanting all of her, wanting to claim her. So she's all his.

A pillow to his head wakes him up. 'You're thinking too much about her.' Rolling his eyes at his friend. 'She doesn't want you like that.' Feeling that comment. Not wanting to hear it.

'You think so?' Unsure, insecure. Does she really not see me that way?  But things she said in the past.. he wonders.

Michael takes a seat next to him. 'I dunno. You really like her, don't ya?' His friend different, never seen him that way. Not receiving something he wants, knowing what he wants but too scared to say it out loud. Scared to tell her.

'I do. Fuck.' Letting his head fall back. 'This quarantine is messing me up mate.' A tap on is knee. 'I wanna settle with her, I think.'

'You talked with her about that?' Another role to his list of many, a therapist.

'No. I can't. Like you said she don't see me that way. I think it's just sex for her.'

Raising eyebrows. 'Well I'm not sure. She did broke up with her husband.'

'Because he abused her.'

'She wanted to break up before that.'

'She didn't. She told me many times she was gonna marry him.' Confident about it.

'Did you really think she was gonna marry him if corona wasn't happening right now?'

Raising his shoulders. 'How would I know? Perhaps, I don't think it would've lasted long or that's what I wanted to see.

'Nah, everyone could see their relationship was messed up.' From miles away, people who knew them only just a little.

'Very, very disappointed.'

'Or better said, heartbroken.'

'I wouldn't call it that. Very unfortunate that I wouldn't be able to sleep with, adore her, watch her dance naked.' Smirking thinking back. 'I love her.'

*I miss you too

- - -

Bit of a shitty chapter but ya'll wanted one. I know, I know, I apologize. But I am struggling man.

So excited about the season starting again this weekend!