Chapter 8 - The Turning Point

The next day was raining there was little calmness to it. As the rain poured down hard. Opal was feeling a bit too heavy like a lot of things weren't right. She quickly texted her friends and got only 1 reply from Crystal. "Hey girl what's wrong", Crystal asked. "I haven't heard from Jade or Amber for a while now have you seen them.", Opal asked. "Actually I haven't seen Jade all day and Amber not since yesterday. I hope they are alright what are you gonna do?", Crystal asks. "Duh I am going after their boyfriends there the prime suspects until proven otherwise", Opal says leaving. 

Opal first went into Camron's apartment. She noticed his car outside. "Great he is home strange he isn't at work though.", Opal said going to Camron's house and notices the door is unlocked. She lightly knocks on the door and notices the place is a mess of broken bottles and wax from a candle on the floor. "Wake UP where is Jade, you bastard.", Opal said kicking Camron. "She ain't here.", Camron said in a muffled voice. "WHAT WAS THAT WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?", Opal screamed. Camron looked at her with tears in his eyes "NOTHING! all I did was tell her the truth and it hit a personal nerve now she left me I don't know where she is now", Camron said in a defeated tone. "What did you tell her", Opal asked. Camron told her everything. SLAP Camron was slapped. "No wonder she left knowing what she been through what you did was stupid", Opal said. "I didn't know until after she told me and once I knew I just gave in it was clear I had done something unforgivable and will die alone", Camron explained. "Your damn right you will.", Opal said storming out of the house. "Shit he won't be any help I was hoping he couldn't help but after everything he has done even I don't wanna be around him either.", Opal said leaving away in disgust.

Next, she went to the company to find Edward. The building she looked at in a different light the shadows were larger the glass didn't shine Opal had an uneasy feeling. Opal went inside the building and asked Crystal to speak with Edward. "Normally you wouldn't be able to get in but given the situation, I will allow you in for the sake of friendship", Crystal says as Opal nods and heads to the top. At Edward's office, he noticed it was locked but Crystal told Opal that Edward was here so she SLAMS the door open. Opal just saw Edward working at his desk. "Hey Opal something I can help you with", Edward said calmly. "Yes, where is Amber.", Opal said. Edward stands up and sighs closing the door to his office. "Amber show yourself to Opal", Edward says pouring a drink. Opal's eyes were in an absolute shock opening completely and filling with tears. At the sight of Amber covered in blood and bruises and yet still smiling. "Hey girl what brings you here.", Amber said clearly in complete pain. Opal ran to hug her. "Ow ow please it hurts right now", Amber said rubbing her wounds. "YOU MONSTER! How could you do this.", Opal screamed at Edward getting ready to attack him. "STOP Opal, He needed this his work is so hard and it stresses him out so much so he takes it out on me.", Amber says. "What do you mean this is pure abuse he is beating you to death.", Opal says. "No I have no intentions of killing her I just prefer to leave things as they are.", Edward says smoothly. "I am calling the police.", Opal says nervously. "Maybe you are right but that won't be needed I will stop.", Edward says. "Really you will why?", Opal says desperately wanting to believe Edward and Amber are fine and this wasn't happening. "I could have unleashed my frustration better than before.", Edward said. "Dear maybe it's her.", Edward said to Amber. "Really okay I am so sorry Opal but please go along with this.", Amber said as she hugged Opal. "What are you talking about?", Opal said. Quickly as Amber removed her clothes. "WHAT THE HELL WAIT PLEASE NO STOP. ", Opal screamed. Edward proceeded to rape Opal who was struggling in his office in front of Amber who just watched smiling. "Thank you Opal I will consider your points you really helped me clear my mind.", Edward said as Opal left a bit dizzy but was hopeful. As soon as Opal left Edward brought his attention back to Amber It's clear he is not happy with everything that is going on but it is for the best that he relaxes. Edward sat in his chair and thought to himself. Amber looked at him. "Are you okay sweetie?", Amber asked. "Yeah I think but are you alright I have been hitting you hard lately", Edward said. "It's fine to do whatever you need to do.", Amber says while kissing Edward's cheek. Edward held her close but knew the results of all of this. 

Opal was so confused and disturbed about all that was happening she just left silently. As she drove off she saw Uriel walking down the street she stopped and called to him. "Hey need a ride big guy", Opal said. "Sure thank you.", Uriel said getting into her truck. They begin talking this was hard for Opal given all that happened she was frustrated. "You want to tell me something Opal I don't mind listening.", Uriel said as Opal took a big sigh and explained everything the missing Jade the Camron scandal the Edward violence the Amber abuse what Edward did to her all of it. Uriel is taken aback by those statements but says the best thing here. "Okay, I am glad you are safe now, and thank you for telling me. I know things are different but they can be better how can I help.", Uriel says. Opal was a tough girl but Uriel knew she had feelings. Opal hugs Uriel and surprisingly said, "Let's fuck.". Uriel not wanting to say no to a beautiful woman in this situation agrees. Opal riding him taking charge during the moment.  As the two finished up their moment of pleasure they drove off to find Jade.