𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡!!

1750 words

Thomas swiped the paintbrush back and forth across his chin, filling the last patch of skin with purple paint. He set the brush down with a wide grin and turned to face his boyfriend.

"How do I look?" he asked poshly, resting his hands on his hips.

Newt smiled at him and stood up to meet his boyfriend halfway across the bathroom.

"Very, very gay."

"Perfect." Thomas leant up to peck Newt's lips. "Has Minho called you yet? He said he'd be here with the coffees soon."

Newt chuckled. "Like you need any more caffeine in you."

Thomas rolled his eyes and rinsed off the end of the paintbrush before dipping in in some red paint. He turned to Newt and held it up, raising a dark eyebrow.

Newt grinned and sat on the end of the bathtub.

"Do your worst."

Minho hadn't called Newt to tell him he was on his way, but he knew that the blond already knew. He pulled up outside his friends' apartment building with a tray of to-go coffees. He manoeuvred his way through the old building easily. After navigating these rickety stairs with two drunk men on each arm, this was a walk in the park. No longer the maze it used to be.

He stopped outside room 420 and couldn't helped but grinned. He'd threatened to never speak to either Newt or Thomas ever again if they hadn't rented this specific apartment three years ago.

The '0' was on an angle, held up by some old double sided sellotape.

Minho didn't bother knocking, and just let himself into the apartment.

No blond or brunet could be seen in the kitchen or living room. Minho set down the coffees and took one for himself.

He smiled around the room at all of the flags and banners on display.

"That you Min?!" a thick British accent called form down the hall.

"Yeah!" Minho shouted back, still looking around the room.

He took a sip and turned to look down the hall. There stood his two best friends. At least he bloody hoped so. He couldn't tell due to the amount of face paint they both had on.

Minho grinned at them and gestured tiredly with his hand. "I thought you guys gave up on the full face thing last year. Thomas, didn't you break out, like, really bad?"

"Yep," the brunet said without hesitating as he marched proudly towards his friend. Or more likely, towards the coffee. "But I refuse to have a half assed go at this. It's the first day of pride month Min, you really think I'm gonna pussy out?"

Minho pursed his lips mockingly. "I thought you didn't like that word."

Thomas rolled his eyes while Newt snorted.

"Come on Minho, you wan' a lil face paint?" Newt asked teasingly.

Minho raised his hands taking a small step back. "No thanks mate. I'd rather not break out like a pre-pubescent fifteen year old."

Behind his back, Thomas flipped him off.

"Aw come on Min," Newt insisted. "Just a tiny little flag on ya cheek."

Minho raised a sharp eyebrow. Last time Newt went to paint a 'tiny flag' he's ended up doing half his face. Newt smiled innocently.

"Fine," Minho said, his resolve crumbling. "But just one flag—"