𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐞𝐬- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

2529 words

Smut Warning

Newt rolled onto his side, sighing. He couldn't sleep. It was too loud outside. The lights outside his apartment were too bright. He was too cold. Of course these were all excuses. The blonde knew that the problem was in his head.

He couldn't stop thinking. His mind was torn. Newt was debating whether or not to pick up his phone and call Thomas. He'd been seeing the brunet boy for a month or two now. If you could call it that.

They weren't dating. They didn't go out in public and hold hands and cuddle and all that stupid shit. They weren't boyfriends. They slept together. That was all they did. One of them would call the other over and it just happened. They didn't have to think too hard about what they were doing. It felt easy.

Newt wasn't prepared to take the next step in their relationship. Not that he wanted to. Newt was very happy with the relationship he had with Thomas. He wanted nothing more. And a small part of Newt felt lucky. Not many people wanted a relationship that was just sex. They always wanted commitment, or dates, or meeting parents.

The thought alone sent unpleasant shivers down Newt's spine.

He glanced to his phone sitting on his nightstand. It was 1.am. Thomas wouldn't be awake at this hour. He'd be asleep. Or possibly over Newt. Honestly, the blonde didn't know what Thomas wanted in a relationship. He knew that, for now at least, the brunet was happy with sex.

Newt eyed the phone and bit his lips. He sighed.

"Fuck it."

He sat up, the one thin blanket falling from his bare chest. The blonde grabbed the phone and found Thomas's number. He called him, feeling nervous.

But why was he nervous? This wasn't the first time he'd called Thomas over, and it probably wouldn't be the last. Newt shook his head and focused on the phone ringing.

Thomas picked up after a few rings.

"Newt?"

His voice was normal, not husky and full of sleep as Newt had expected. The blonde smiled slightly.

"Hey Thomas. I didn't wake you did I?"

There was some rustling and static on the line before it cleared up.

"Nah I'm up. Couldn't sleep."

Newt smiled ever so slightly at the irony. "Do you wanna come over?"

The blonde couldn't picture how Thomas would react. He didn't know the sounds of breathing or the way he said things to find what the brunet really meant. All he could rely on was the straight up answer.

"Yeah I'm free. Do you want me to come now?"

Newt shrugged. "If you don't mind."

Thomas breathed a laugh. "Nah I don't mind. I'll see you soon."

The blonde nodded. "Okay. Bye Tommy."

Newt hung up and froze. What the fuck did he just say. Tommy? Like a pet name? The blonde frowned at himself. Why the hell would he call him Tommy?

Newt shook his head. He really needed to sleep more. He glanced around his room. The bed was unmade; that wouldn't matter in the near future. There were a couple of clothes on the floor. Newt kicked them into a pile in the corner of the room.

The blonde nodded to himself. The bedroom was good enough and the rest of the apartment would be fine. He looked down at his clothes.

Sweatpants.