𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬- 𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐛

1475 words

"Come on Thomas," Minho huffed from beside him. "We'd better get you back soon before Newt throws a tantrum because I kept his precious Tommy from him."

Thomas rolled his eyes and picked up the pace slightly. The boys weaved their way back through the maze, retracing their steps easily. Thomas felt like he could have down it without the vines. He'd been a runner with Minho for a few months now, and the maze hadn't changed once in the time he had been there.

He'd gotten into the routine of the Glade pretty quickly. A girl had come the month after him, throwing everyone off a little. No girl had come to the maze before. Ever.

But after a week or two she became one of 'the guys'. She was as boisterous as the rest of them and was probably less mature than half the group.

Thomas liked her. She was fun. She was also a good person to talk to. About work, life... boys.

The doors of the gate were a few hundred meters away now. Thomas glanced at Minho, huffing beside him. "I'll race you," the brunet said with a smirk.

The buff boy rolled his eyes and started pumping his arms harder. Thomas smiled smugly as he passed Minho, running ahead of him, leaving him easily.

He ran across the grass of the Glade towards the Map Room. Thomas could hear Minho panting behind him as they pushed themselves the last few meters to the side of the building.

Thomas reached out with a hand, just touching the hard concrete before collapsing beside it, heaving for air. Minho caught up to Thomas, collapsing on top of him. The brunet gasped as Minho's weight fell on him. He struggled to push the Asian boy off.

"Minho," Thomas gasped, his arms weak as he tried to roll the other boy off him. "Get. Your. Fat. Ass. Off!

Minho finally pushed himself off Thomas, falling into the grass beside him. Thomas breathed a laugh as he turned to look at Minho. "I win."

The buff boy rolled his eyes and huffed a breath. "Bitch."

Thomas laughed and punched Minho's arm as they heard footsteps. Thomas lifted his head a little to see Alby walking over. He sighed and dropped his head back.

"We're getting up!" Minho said quickly, cutting Alby's lecture off before it started. "We're getting up, we're getting up!"

Alby shot the boys a stern look.

"Jeez what did Fry put in your eggs this morning?" Minho asked as he pulled Thomas to his feet.

The brunet snorted and Minho pushed him into the Maps Room. Thomas pulled out a blank piece of paper and a pencil, still snickering. Minho set up next to him as they drew out the route they'd taken that day, arguing, as usual.

"No you idiot, we went left after that!"

Thomas pushed Minho's hand out of the way. "Are you blind? We went right!"

"Oh my god shank, you're gonna be the death of me!"

Thomas dropped the pencil and shoved the paper towards Minho. "Fine! I give up! You're too difficult! Fill it out yourself!" He pushed back from the table and Minho and headed towards the door.

"Oh sure, leave me to do all the work while you go feel up Newt!"

The brunet flipped him off and turned to open the door, instead running into a very handsome blonde boy.

"Who's feeling me up?"

Thomas smiled sheepishly and leaned in to kiss Newt's lips softly. "Me. If you'll let me." Newt smiled and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "Welcome home Tommy."