𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞- 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬

1298 words

"Tom. Tom? Hey! Thomas!"

Thomas's eyes jumped back to his best friend, Teresa, as she snapped her fingers in his face. She was smirking at him, her eyebrows raised cheekily. Thomas's cheeks flushed and he glanced back down to his coffee.

"You were staring again."

"Was not," he answered a little too quickly. Her smirk grew, along with the blush on Thomas's cheeks. "Shut up."

"Ooo you like him," Teresa teased, poking Thomas's shoulder. He swatted her hand away. "I do not!" He hissed defensively. She raised a perfectly sculpted, dark eyebrow at him. Thomas groaned and dropped his head. Teresa propped her elbow on the table, resting her chin in her palm.

Thomas glared at her. She raised her eyebrow again.

"Okay!" Thomas hissed. "Okay so maybe I was staring. But can you blame me? I mean, look at him!"

Teresa rolled her eyes and glanced over her shoulder, all subtleness thrown out the window. Her eyes landed where Thomas's were already glued; on the slim blonde boy in the back corner of the coffee shop.

His soft blonde hair fell around his face messily, some of the longer strands hanging in front of his dark brown eyes, other curling at nape of his neck. His sharp jawline was half hidden by his hand as he held his head in his hand. His arm rested on the table as he fiddle with a menu.

"Oh my god Tom you're drooling!"

Thomas's eyes snapped back to Teresa's.

"Seriously?" he yelped, brushing his arm against his mouth.

She burst out laughing, grinning like a mad woman. Thomas felt his cheeks flush, the red stain slowly crawling up his neck. He scowled at Teresa.

"Holy shit Tom, you're obsessed!"

He scoffed, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Shut your hole."

"I'm serious Tom," Teresa insisted. "If you like him that much why don't you just go talk to him."

Thomas stared at the girl as though she'd grown another head. "Just go talk to him? Do you hear yourself when you talk?"

She threw a crumb from her muffin at him. Thomas smacked it away. "I can't just talk to him 'Resa. Jeez, you might be dumber than me."

"Hey," she protested, mock hurting lacing her voice as she threw another piece of her food at the brunet boy.

The tinkling sound of the bell at the front door to the café went off, drawing both Thomas and Teresa's attention from each other before a full blown food war was initiated.

A heavily muscled Asian boy walked through the door. Thomas recognized him instantly as Minho. Well, he was kind of hard not to notice, what with those arms and everything. He walked to the opposite side of the shop from Thomas and Teresa, slipping into the booth with Newt.

Thomas knew Minho from school. They had maths together. Thomas was pretty sure they were both failing. They weren't exactly friend. They knew each other, but that was where their relationship ended.

Minho instantly struck up a conversation with the gorgeous blonde boy, making it seem like it was the easiest thing in the world.

Newt smiled at something Minho said and Thomas swore he stopped breathing.

"Thomas," Teresa hissed. He barely glanced at her. "You're drooling again."

Thomas snapped his mouth shut and blushed. Teresa giggled, but Thomas tuned it out. He was totally focused on the perfect boy on the other side of the café. Thomas noticed everything. The way the blonde's eyes crinkled as he laughed, the way his hair fell from his head, framing his face perfectly.

As Thomas stared something happened that he never thought was possible. Newt looked at him. Newt actually looked at Thomas. His dark eyes met Thomas's and he smiled shyly at him.

Thomas froze, totally in shock, and he pulled his eyes from the blonde's. He started intently at his cup of coffee, holding the mug too tight. The brunet's entire body felt tingly, his cheeks were probably blushing furiously, and his eyes were glued to the cup.

Thomas watched out of the corner of his eye as Minho and Newt stood. They walked out of the shop together. When the door closed behind them Thomas's shoulders untensed, his entire body physically relaxing. But then he felt sad.

Teresa noticed the change in his body langue and sighed sadly. She reached out for his hand and gave him a sad smile. "You okay?" she asked, rubbing her thumb over his knuckles. Thomas sighed slightly, giving her a sad smile. "Yep. Peachy. I'm accidently in love with the boy who doesn't even know I exist."

_____

"It was just a little crush Min!" the blonde whined. "It wasn't meant to turn into... well whatever this is!"

"Could you be a little less gay please? I don't care about how perfect this guy is! It's making my brain hurt!"

"Oh but he is perfect Min! I mean have you seen him? Even you would be gay for him!"

Minho rolled his eyes at Newt for the millionth time today. It didn't change the blonde's mood one bit. I was beaming, glowing, stuck on cloud nine. He'd made eye contact with Thomas in the coffee shop. He'd watched the brunet while he talked to that black haired girl.

He was so gorgeous. So perfect. He had the sweetest caramel-coloured eyes, and his face was dotted with these adorable little moles. He had the most beautiful smile in the world.

Just seeing him was enough to make Newt smile.

The blonde knew Minho was tired of him talking about Thomas, but he couldn't help himself.

"Oh my god Newt could you just ask him out already?" Minho all but shouted at the blonde. Newt's jaw dropped.

"Are you seriously this stupid?"

The buff boy went to open his mouth when Newt cut him off. "Sorry, dumb question. Yes. You are."

Minho rolled his eyes and grabbed Newt by the arm, pulling him to keep up with him. "What if I got his number for you? Then would you stop telling me about how you jerkoff to him every night?"

Newt scoffed and pushed Minho off. "I refused to hear your lies. No. I'm not gonna ask him for his number. And neither are you."

The blonde's friend raised an eyebrow. "Why not? You're obviously, like, in love with this guy."

"That's the problem," Newt sighed. "I'm pretty much in love with this guy who I don't think I've ever even spoken to. I don't know what to do!"

Minho sighed and slapped the blonde on the back. "Just pluck up the courage to ask him out. You'll regret it if you don't and some other stud swoops in and steals him away."

"And that's another thing!" Newt cried out. "I dont even know if he's into guys. He looked pretty happy with that dark haired chick."

"Who, Teresa Agnes?" Minho said with a smile. He chuckled quickly. "No way. She talks about Thomas like a brother. They'd probably find it worse than dating their actual siblings."

Newt sighed. "Well I guess thats a bit of a plus."

Minho hooked his arm around the blonde. "It's more than a plus Newt. Go shoot your shot!"

He shook his head. "I can't bloody do that! This is all an accident. I wasn't meant to like him this much! It was supposed to be a bit of a crush then I'd get over it. This is all wrong. I'm totally obsessed with him!"

"You're in love," Minho grinned. Newt flipped him off. "At least I'm not accidently in love with your dumb ass." The buff boy rolled his eyes at the blonde. "You know you love me."

"Nope! Pretty sure I love Tommy."

"Tommy?"

"Piss off!"