Temperance Madeline Oliveira-Strand - Part 2

Saying this at the beginning because it's more obvious but there will only be two parts to this one shot in this book as I have given this story it's own book. I will link it in the comments.

Two weeks later TK and Owen were in the reception room of the Hester Rehabilitation Clinic for trouble youths in Washington, a petite light brunette/dirty blonde quietly walked with a nurse into the room. She recognised the two men to be her dad and brother, she threw her suitcase down and ran into there arms as they smothered her in love. "Lets get you home Tempe," Owen whispered stroking his daughters hair, "You must be Owen Strand her legal guardian correct?" "Yeah after her mum and stepdad died not long after she was admitted," "Good, she has been very independent given her circumstances and therefore can pretty much look after herself but we do not recommend it. She can not be left alone for long periods of time and don't expect her to open up straight away," yes thats it Owen and TK don't fully know why Tempe was institutionalised. Summer just said she had a breakdown but no breakdown could be so severe that this happens.

That wasn't there concern right now, their concern was Tempe. She didn't have anything more than a few boxes of items she couldn't take with her to the facility and a suitcase with what little she could take. Tempe was strangely looking forward to the drive from the facility in open country of Forks to Austin, "I am not looking forward to the drive back tomorrow," TK groaned as they clambered into the car and back to the hotel, "I can't wait. I haven't been out of that area in well over a year so it will be nice to see the states again," for a kid that just spent three months shut away from the world she was extremely cheery.

It was already arranged that they would spend the night in a hotel then leave first thing in the morning to cover most of the drive before spending the night in a motel and hopefully getting into Austin with a couple of pit stops around 3pm two days from then. I don't think I said Summer and Charles were dead, they were killed in a police raid what for Tempe didn't know but what they didn't take for evidence was either to be sold or taken to Texas with Tempe. "Can we go by mum's old place I still need to pack up what I want to take to Texas," Tempe meakly asked while leaning on TK's shoulder, "Sure whats the address?" She pulled out a folder and opened it to the last letter her mum had sent her, "273 Kentwood Road," Owen nodded at the child in grey.

They pulled into a quiet peaceful looking neighbourhood and the house on the corner over looking the creek was 273. A middle age woman was waiting for them by the front door, Tempe recognised her to be her mother's old best friend Daphne. "Tempe how's my baby," she cooed hugging the lanky teen, "Happier," "I can tell but you are awfully pale and thin, Owen I hope you plump her up a little in Texas or I will personally scold you. I suspect you will be wanting Tink the silly child keeps going awol." On cue a girl around Temperance's age came bursting out of the house flinging herself at Temperance.

"Temperance how are you why didn't you tell me you were getting let out! But that means your moving to Austin," "Yeah wanna help me pack up the house?" "Duh!" The two girls raced hand in hand inside leaving Daphne to explain what had happened to TK and Owen. Temperance was first into her old room, it was large and had lots of natural light. Pictures hung from the walls, pens and paper were left strewn across her desk just as she had left them. Temperance opened up her wardrobe and searched through the many dresses she owned that would most likely not fit anymore, Tempe is a singer that was at the top of her game till her mental breakdown and the events proceeding it. She loved anything art, creative or practical, she couldn't sit behind a desk and write equations. This was gonna be hard.