Snow Storm

Requested by ThomasNewt22: 911 lone star Tk little sister. Y/n is age 6. Austin Texas is hit by a freak snow storm..

TK and Carlos haven't broken up and I haven't seen season 3 yet so no spoilers all this is from watching trailers

Y/n had always loved the snow. There was no stopping them when the first snowflakes began to fall. When they were still in New York TK and Owen shared custody of his little brother/sister meaning there was always someone to be there for them, Carlos didn't mind because he loved y/n and it was training for the possibility of Tarlos having kids in the future. They both weren't working when the snow began falling, "TK! TK look it's snowing!" "What's the big deal it's just snow?" Carlos asked, you see y/n might be Owen's child but they weren't Gwen's they had a different mum who signed away all parental rights to y/n, or at least thats what they told people, "Carlos no," "It was the only time when mummy didn't drink we would go out and build sand castles together," "Sand castles y/n?" "What are they then humans made of snow?" "There snowmen y/n," Carlos chuckled picking her up under her arms so she could look out of the kitchen window better, "What do you say we put our coats and boots on and go play in the snow." TK turned to Carlos knowing they both had time before there shifts, a neighbour had agreed to watch y/n. Why not?

They dawned boots, coats, hats, scarves and gloves to brave the cold snow. TK went first for a little patch of snow on the dustbins creating multiple snow balls in the process, without thinking he launched one at Carlos. Thus a small snowball fight began till TK scanned the back garden not seeing y/n's bright (your favourite colour) coat contrasting against the brilliant white snow, "Hold it Carlos, y/n! Y/n where are you?! You better not be pranking us!" Nothing, "Y/n, y/n this isn't funny," Carlos joined in searching over the fences. Suddenly a snow ball slammed into the back of them as a faint child like giggle rang out from under the garden table, "I wonder where she could be y/n?" Carlos knew TK's plot and joined in on jump scaring them, like all six year olds they screamed like a big girls blouse then burst into tears, "Your a meanie!" They yelled running from under the table but was caught by Carlos, "Carlos TK's a meanie, can you be my brother?" "Oh snap your right he is a meanie TK apologise to y/n," "Alright suck up," "What? I know that if ever want to say marry you in the future one of your top priorities is making sure I get along with your family especially as you have joint custody of your sister/brother," "Carlos their not my brother/sister," "Now you tell him!" Y/n yelled drawing patterns in the snow, "Tell me what?" "Let's go inside first."

Y/n sorted themselves out leaving the adults, they went straight and climbed into TK's lap, "Does that mean I can call you dad now around Carlos dad," "What are they on about?" "Y/n here is my kid. I got pregnant aged 20 by my boyfriend at the time who upped and left and what I told you is the story we tell people. Oh shoot, monkey bum daddy and Carlos have to go to work soon go get ready to go to Miss Marigolds," they happily climbed down and ran to get there rucksack, "Sorry I didn't tell you sooner Alex knew and he broke both of our hearts. I had to make sure that it didn't happen again but I know you wouldn't do that because your ten times the man Alex ever was. Now we need to get ready for work," TK smiled tapping Carlos's thigh.

"363 H20 Officer Reyes this is EMS 126 do you copy?" Carlos leaned forward to grab the radio, "Yep this is Reyes what is it Nancy?" "It's TK he wants to see you swing by the hospital," "Be right along," he hit the engine and pulled away, the hospital was in his area anyway. "Nancy hey," her face said it all, it was filled with worry and concern, "What is it? You said TK wanted to see me," "I did didn't I? He fell through the ice on our call. Hypothermia severe, Cap's getting an update now," just as they turned to face the room Tommy came out, "Captain Vega how bad is it?" "Bad we need to find his dad and his brother/sister," "Oh so you don't know I thought. Know what never mind I can never keep me mouth shut," "Carlos stay here with TK we'll do the rest," Carlos drew a seat up next to TK, he had been put on a ventilator, his lips had a slight blue tinge to him but he was now warm to the touch at least that offered some relief. Less than half an hour later Y/n came running in being chased by a nurse, they were a smart cookie and understood that to everyone other than a selected few she was to call her dad TK, T or Tyler but they had ran from Nancy, "Daddy! Carlos is daddy alright?" They ran straight up to the side of TK's bed, "Daddy, daddy wake up," "Oh," the nurse gasped leaving them to it, "Y/n sweetheart daddy's going to be alright. He had an accident on a call and he got hurt, he's going to be okay I promise. In the mean time I promise you still that as I shall live you will be safe with me, your going to stay with just me for the little while, are you okay with that?" Y/n nodded and held there arms up as an indication that they wanted to be picked up, they cuddled into Carlos not taking there eyed off TK.

Carlos took great care of both himself and y/n so TK wouldn't worry. They were reading a story to TK, April Underhill Tooth Fairy by Bob Graham (AN: my favourite childhood storybook) y/n's favourite, "Carlos look," Y/n pointed to TK fighting to open his eyes, "TK? TK it's me Carlos, nurse!" A nurse came racing in and assisted in removing the tube preventing him from talking, "Carlos? Carlos where's y/n," "I'm right here daddy," "That would explain quite a bit," the nurse muttered remembering the classic tale tale signs of haven given birth, "What happened?" "You don't remember do you?" "I remember the lake I remember running off then nothing," "Fair enough. Carlos before I forget, I heard. I heard what you promised y/n thank you. Y/n you've been good for Carlos?" "I have daddy I promise. Look what I made you," they triumphantly produced a stick man drawing with them in the middle of TK and Carlos holding hands as a family, "It's brilliant. Give me a hug y/n I've missed you."

TK got out of the hospital about two weeks later back to work four weeks later, he got to spend one on one time with y/n for what seemed to be the first time in forever. Let's just say next snow storm there calling in sick.

Comment any requests I have more time on the weekends now because work is too quiet to have me on Saturdays...