28

A/N: Thank you guys for patiently waiting for this story while I was away. As I mentioned earlier, I had 2 broken fingers and hence could not type for a little over a month. After that I was planning to get back, but, my immediate supervisor passed away due to Covid. I was in a bad headspace bacause of that and could not focus.

Now I am feeling better and so back with a new chapter. I will try to update regularly. 

Thank you to everyone who reached out. Your support means a lot

Happy Reading

***********************

Their bliss was cut short as Arnav started getting calls from the office regarding important decisions only he could make. As he went to tend to them, Khushi went back to her room. They had decided to meet directly at the shoot and not for lunch as Arnav was planning to work through the meal. Lavanya was sitting in the living area, watching TV when Khushi entered the room they shared.

"Oh, hi there Khushi," Lavanya greeted as she saw the other woman enter.

"Hey, Lavanya. Did you get yourself something to eat?" Khushi asked as she glanced at her watch. It was already twelve thirty. She had spent almost four hours with Arnav.

"By the time I was done with work, it was past breakfast time. I'll have lunch in some time. You should join me." She replied.

"Okay. I had a huge breakfast. Loaded with carbs in fact. Your boss wasn't too pleased to see my plate."

"Well, if he complained its only because you have a shoot today." Lavanya defended her employer.

"Yeah, so I was planning to get a salad or something from room service." Khushi said referring to Lavanya's lunch invite.

"If you don't mind eating a salad while I eat a proper meal, I'll also order in." Lavanya said and Khushi smiled at her.

"Sure, go ahead. I don't mind at all. I'm used to it being on diets at times."

"I don't want to get out of these pajamas yet either." Lavanya said and Khushi could relate well to that.

"I understand totally." Khushi said as she went to change into pajamas of her own.

Lavanya ordered the food for the two of them while Khushi got changed.

By the time Khushi came out, Lavanya had cleared up the table where the papers she was working on were earlier scattered. The staff brought the food and the two of them settled down to eat. Lavanya briefed Khushi about the shoot as they ate. After lunch the two of them decided to take rest. Khushi's hair and make up was scheduled at four in the evening. Khushi planned to take a nap before she had to get ready for the shoot.

Arnav was in a conference call when his phone pinged.

'Should I order room service for you?🤗'

He smiled at the screen when he read Khushi's text. Unknown to him, the people present in the video call were amused. ASR was smiling at his phone.

"ASR, are you with us?" he heard someone ask. He looked back at the webcam and said, "Just give me a moment guys."

He switched off the video on the call and took a selfie of him holding a spoonful of rice next to his mouth.

'Working and Eating😇'

He captioned the image and sent.

'Good. I'll go take a nap then. See you at the shoot.😇'