14

Please make sure to vote and comment :)

***********************

Ratna returned with her mother a few minutes later. Devyani had a smile plastered on her face. Arnav was not sure if he liked the look, she gave him.

"Ab to batao baat kya hai?" Arnav asked, picking up another slice of cucumber.

"Not without Shyam here." Anjali said and Arnav sighed. Arnav gave him a smile, hinting for him to be patient.

The wait finally ended when Shyam entered, pocketing his phone. He took the seat next to his wife and was creeped out by all the eyes pointed at him. Even HP, JP and OP had gathered at the table.

"What?" He asked

"Tell us beta. We are an impatient bunch." Ratna commented pointing at them all.

"Oh well that, do you want to tell them?" Shyam asked looking at Anjali. She nodded and finally announced, "I am pregnant."

"That is good news. Congratulations beta." Ratna said, getting up to hug her daughter. Arnav got up to hug Shyam and the others followed.

"I think choosing the dining table to announce the news was a bad idea." Shyam commented about them all moving around.

The family finally settled down and started having lunch.

"Okay, so I think you guys should move in with us for the time being. We can take care of you that way beta." Ratna said and Anjali's gaze turned to her husband.

"And before you refuse beta, I think if you do that, Ratna will offer to move in with you instead." Arvind commented with a smile and Ratna nodded along in agreement, even though that thought had never crossed her mind.

"I am happy to do that." Shyam said.

"We have not yet had this conversation, but I am 100% sure Anjali wont stop worrying about work. I don't want her to take up more burden at home. She would not let me help and take up more things to do for no reason. It will be better to have more people on my side as well." Shyam said, agreeing with the elders.

"Great, so it is decided then." Arvind said before they moved on to other topics.

The Raizadas were almost done with their meal when Naani said she had an announcement to make.

"You know I was late to the table earlier. I was talking to my friend Subhadra."

As soon as Naani mentioned that, Arnav inwardly groaned. He knew where this conversation was headed.

"Meera and her mother really enjoyed being here yesterday. They really like Arnav and want to take this alliance forward."

Arnav looked at his mother and Shyam for help.

"Maa, I told you this earlier no."

"Haan Ratna, but Sumi's family is great for us." Naani countered.

"I know that Maa, but we should consider Chottey's feelings first. Chottey, what did you think of Meera?"

"She is a nice girl Mom. But I know she is not what I am looking for in a life partner." Arnav said.

"What is it that you are looking for Chottey?" Naani asked and Arnav did not know whether or not to tell them the truth.

"I don't know yet." Arnav stated, not meeting Shyam's eyes. Shyam just rolled his eyes. He felt his saale saheb should've just told them then and there that he had his eyes set on someone.